Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Tito get $10mil/500k ppvs for the Roy Jones fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight was promoted very, very, very well. I remember seeing a huge billboard of it in Times Square, New York, arguably the heart of NYC where millions of people could see it. Out of those millions of people, I imagine some thousands will fall for the hype. It was in MSG after all, so NYC was an important setting to promote this fight. I saw posters of the fight in train stations too. Also, I remember classmates who are not boxing fans, talking about it.

It was a good event, it was promoted like hell. The fight it self was all Roy Jones. It was the last of Roy Jones on a mainstream level. I'm glad he went out on a performance like that on the big stage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The fight was promoted very, very, very well. I remember seeing a huge billboard of it in Times Square, New York, arguably the heart of NYC where millions of people could see it. Out of those millions of people, I imagine some thousands will fall for the hype. It was in MSG after all, so NYC was an important setting to promote this fight. I saw posters of the fight in train stations too. Also, I remember classmates who are not boxing fans, talking about it.

It was a good event, it was promoted like hell. The fight it self was all Roy Jones. It was the last of Roy Jones on a mainstream level. I'm glad he went out on a performance like that on the big stage.
      Don knew how to promote better than any of the other guys, a lot of people thought this fight was going to be a bust, afterwards everyone raved how well the promotion was done.

Don also never relied on Vegas the way other promoters did.

Comment

Tito should of taken a tune-up before fighting Roy, he got his ass whipped.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
          Idk if a tuneup fight would of help... I was pissed caus I fell for the hype.. He came back for the money... Roy look bad too. I wouldnt call it an ass whoopin. I dont remember anyone with any bruises....

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Originally posted by citolindo View Post
            Idk if a tuneup fight would of help... I was pissed caus I fell for the hype.. He came back for the money... Roy look bad too. I wouldnt call it an ass whoopin. I dont remember anyone with any bruises....
            Just finished watching it. Tito got dropped twice, one of those being a flash KD. You take that away and it becomes an 8-4 kinda competitive-ish fight. I think Tito may have had something left in the tank at that point, but it wouldn't have mattered had he chosen to stick to light heavyweight. He looked all pudgy and soft, you could tell he didn't belong there.

Just out of curiosity, what division was Roy fighting at during 2001, middleweight?

Comment

Working...
            X