Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    this will be a signature khan fight. blazingly fast in the opening rounds then completely mediocre in the remaining rounds with a high probability of knockdowns and blatant running.
    This is very accurate

Comment

• Bob Arum launches withering attack on Mayweather in defense of Khan

I've edited the peice to comply with the forum rules. The original source is the telegraph:

According to Bob Arum, Amir Khan has been ritually humiliated by Floyd Mayweather and made a laughing stock, who has even labelled Mayweather's actions "a disgrace".

In this piece Arum states:

"What he has done to Amir Khan is absolutely disgraceful, whether he ends up fighting him, or he doesn't," Arum told Telegraph Sport in an exclusive interview from Macau, China, where his boxer, Zou Shiming, the former double Olympic gold medallist, fights this weekend.
      "My feeling is he is not going to fight him, but it's disgraceful to do that to another human being because you are in a position to do that. Just because he has the power where you can do something like that.

"If a promoter did it, if a Bob Arum or a Frank Warren did it the press would be all over them. They have allowed Myweather to get away with this s***. It's terrible.
      "They have twisted the kid in the wind. Mayweather should be ashamed of himself. He's not going to sign the contract. I think he will fight Maidana."

He goes on to give advice:

"Cut your ties with these people, be a man," he said. "You were the great hope of England at one point. I have Olympic gold medal winners with me. The pride with which Vasyl Lomachenko and Zou Shiming carry themselves is astonishing."

In reference to lomachenko:

"These people will never be humiliated like that," Arum added. "Amir Khan has put himself in a position where he can be humiliated. He's like a laughing stock. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
      "He's not fighting back and telling these guys to get lost. Get another promoter, maybe go back to Frank Warren, get another opponent and tell them to p*** off."

Comment

• bassically, Bob Arum is saying. Khan, leave Golden Boy and you can fight Manny and Bradley 3 to 4 times, I need more fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
          The source is the telegraph:

According to Bob Arum, Amir Khan has been ritually humiliated by Floyd Mayweather and made a laughing stock, who has even labelled Mayweather's actions "a disgrace".

In this piece Arum states:

"What he has done to Amir Khan is absolutely disgraceful, whether he ends up fighting him, or he doesn't," Arum told Telegraph Sport in an exclusive interview from Macau, China, where his boxer, Zou Shiming, the former double Olympic gold medallist, fights this weekend.
          "My feeling is he is not going to fight him, but it's disgraceful to do that to another human being because you are in a position to do that. Just because he has the power where you can do something like that.

"If a promoter did it, if a Bob Arum or a Frank Warren did it the press would be all over them. They have allowed Myweather to get away with this s***. It's terrible.
          "They have twisted the kid in the wind. Mayweather should be ashamed of himself. He's not going to sign the contract. I think he will fight Maidana."

He goes on to give advice:

"Cut your ties with these people, be a man," he said. "You were the great hope of England at one point. I have Olympic gold medal winners with me. The pride with which Vasyl Lomachenko and Zou Shiming carry themselves is astonishing."

In reference to lomachenko:

"These people will never be humiliated like that," Arum added. "Amir Khan has put himself in a position where he can be humiliated. He's like a laughing stock. Terrible. Absolutely terrible.
          "He's not fighting back and telling these guys to get lost. Get another promoter, maybe go back to Frank Warren, get another opponent and tell them to p*** off."
          And why is Arum so serious?? No one is laughing at Khan because we think he SHOULD be picked, because we think he shouldn't be picked.

Comment

• Go to Frank ****ing Warren Priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGD View Post
              Go to Frank ****ing Warren Priceless.
              Haha I know that suggestion actually made me feel a bit sorry for khan. But then I remembered really he's done tremendously well for himself, I don't know another promoter who could have almost got him the biggest fight in the sport by not having to lift a finger.

It's like a league 1 team walking into the champions league final.

Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
              bassically, Bob Arum is saying. Khan, leave Golden Boy and you can fight Manny and Bradley 3 to 4 times, I need more fighters.
              Yep by suggesting he is the right place for Olympians and khan deserves better Arum is trying to appeal to khans sense of self-entitlement and general stupidity at the same time. Very clever Bob.
              Last edited by MBE; 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                bassically, Bob Arum is saying. Khan, leave Golden Boy and you can fight Manny and Bradley 3 to 4 times, I need more fighters.

That would be my translation of Bob's comment:

"That is just disgraceful, Amir! You got punked like a champ! Leave those idiots and sign with me at Top Rank. We need your China chin to make Manny look spectacular once again."

Comment

• "Amir Khan sounds delicious!"

Comment

• Interesting attacks coming from Team Manny. The other day Manny says Khan's speed would trouble floyd. Now today, Bob puts this out.

They try to deligitimize the Maidana fight while also planting a seed in Khan's head that if he can get Khan from GBP he can market him as a guy floyd avoided, assuming floyd fights Maidana.

I guess Bob will do all he can with his back against the wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                      "Amir Khan sounds delicious!"

Comment

Working...
                      X