Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He didn't what?

Pac deserves his cut so why are you saying he should have accepted a flat fee?
    He didn't offer 100-0.

Pacquiao declined the 50/50 because of drug testing. His own damn fault.
    Now he simply isn't worth anymore than 40 million which is also why he seems more desperate for the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Just boycoot
      I am. Everyone knows I am the boxing guy and I always have fight parties at my house. Today someone asked me today if I was ordering the fight with Amir Khan and I said no. I totally broke it down and gave the reasons why.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        He didn't offer 100-0.

Pacquiao declined the 50/50 because of drug testing. His own damn fault.
        Now he simply isn't worth anymore than 40 million which is also why he seems more desperate for the fight.
        Mayweather wanted to keep 100% of the revenue and give Pacquiao a flat fee of 40 million.

Why did Mayweather supposedly offer 50/50 (im not believing that to have ever been true) and then suddenly offer 0% of the revenue a year later?

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Khan is no buster

He's a former world champion and has a good resume, he is more than capable of troubling Floyd. Roach for years was adamant Khan would beat Floyd before Pac got the chance
          Thing is, this aint the roach version of Khan, Virgill has spoilt the guy.

Khan from a couple years ago would have given Floyd all he can handle, if Khan goes back to that way, he'll make it competitive.

Floyd wins either way but the Khan of old at least makes it competitive and puts pressure on Floyd, something Canelo couldn't do.

Comment

Mayweather wanted to keep 100% of the revenue and give Pacquiao a flat fee of 40 million.

Why did Mayweather supposedly offer 50/50 (im not believing that to have ever been true) and then suddenly offer 0% of the revenue a year later?
            Probably because he realizes that he can make a lot more that way and Pacquiao can't make as much without Mayweather. Pacquiao should also have accepted that contract.

I think the original offer was in 2009 for a 2010 fight. That was when Pacquiao was at the highest point of his career, walking through Cotto, putting Hatton to sleep and beating up people for fun.

He didn't really look that great in 2011 which may have been why. But I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Thing is, this aint the roach version of Khan, Virgill has spoilt the guy.

Khan from a couple years ago would have given Floyd all he can handle, if Khan goes back to that way, he'll make it competitive.

Floyd wins either way but the Khan of old at least makes it competitive and puts pressure on Floyd, something Canelo couldn't do.
              Khan looked promising at one point but he doesnt look like he believes in himself. He gets hit one time and the game plan goes out the window and he has no plan B.

Comment

Probably because he realizes that he can make a lot more that way and Pacquiao can't make as much without Mayweather. Pacquiao should also have accepted that contract.

I think the original offer was in 2009 for a 2010 fight. That was when Pacquiao was at the highest point of his career, walking through Cotto, putting Hatton to sleep and beating up people for fun.

He didn't really look that great in 2011 which may have been why. But I don't know.
                Yeah he should have accepted $40m for a fight that could generate $200m

It's not about looking good. If you're winning and drawing money, your stock doesn't drop. He was still drawing huge on PPV so why would he accept 0 of the PPV....I can't believe idiots are now using hindsight to say that was a good offer

Comment

Yeah he should have accepted $40m for a fight that could generate $200m

It's not about looking good. If you're winning and drawing money, your stock doesn't drop. He was still drawing huge on PPV so why would he accept 0 of the PPV....I can't believe idiots are now using hindsight to say that was a good offer
                  So? Do you think Floyd would keep the rest of the pot or what?

There are several outlets that needs paying mate, Floyd would maybe end up with 60 million or something. + if you are used to making 25mil why would he complain about making 40? Especially seeing as he didn't look good in either of his fights in 2011 and yes his stock did drop after the marquez fight.

I'm not really using hindsight. I thought he should have taken the offer at the time as well. Win and renegotiate the rematch.

Comment

So? Do you think Floyd would keep the rest of the pot or what?

There are several outlets that needs paying mate, Floyd would maybe end up with 60 million or something. + if you are used to making 25mil why would he complain about making 40? Especially seeing as he didn't look good in either of his fights in 2011 and yes his stock did drop after the marquez fight.

I'm not really using hindsight. I thought he should have taken the offer at the time as well. Win and renegotiate the rematch.
                    One of the dumbest things I've ever read. If the fight is worth over $200m and you are a huge part of that, why would you accept less than a quarter of that? So ****** that Mayweather has brainwashed fools into believing that was a good offer.

Floyd apparently earned more than $80m for the Canelo fight. The Pacquiao fight would have smoked that fight.

Pacquaio-Marquez III drew 1.4 million buys. His stock dropped?

Win and negotiate the rematch? LOL....who is he? Tim Bradley? Were you following boxing at the time?

Comment

• This is going to be so funny if its Khan..

Comment

Working...
                      X