Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    If Khan had MW power and the speed he currently has, yeah he would be dangerous. I don't know if he would stop him that soon but a stoppage wouldn't surprise me one bit. I guess that would be the only way to make this fight interesting is to make bets on WHEN would Floyd stop him as appose to who's going to win.

To me, this is just a look good fight for Floyd vs a guy who has a following that suits Showtime's agenda. To me the Maidana fight would have done similar numbers and would have been a more legit WW fight. Like Mosley, Ortiz, and Guerreo, Maidana is at least fighting, winning and holds a title at WW unlike Khan.

I wish Broner would have just listened to Floyd and not excised the rematch clause. Unless Broner was seriously out of shape and not prepared (his fault), I can't see much of anything being different.
    Just watch the Canelo and Guerrero fight, thats exactly how its gonna look like if Floyd fights Madiana. Another slow plodding flat foot fighter.

At least Khan brings something new to the table....

Comment

• THe fight will sell mmore than Mayweather vs Hatton, hence I thought thats what you meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdubb View Post
        Just watch the Canelo and Guerrero fight, thats exactly how its gonna look like if Floyd fights Madiana. Another slow plodding flat foot fighter.

He's not a WW and he hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning of late. He won't bring anything to the table other than a bunch of followers that will pay showtime the PPV revue they are looking for.

Khan himself won't bring anything Floyd hasn't seen or dominated. This is a **** fight much like Pac vs Clottey/Margarito/Mosley let alone cherry picking a fighter who doesn't fight at WW like Pac vs JMM/Bradley/Rios.

It's a **** fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
          Don't know why they're even pursuing this fight with all the backlash going on. Boxing fans whether Floyd fans or not see this as a cherry pick. Who's going to make noise for casual fans to hear?
          There's more than one country involved. I think US fans will be interested anyway once the hype builds (if indeed the fight is signed).

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          what a load of nonsense. he looked comfortable doing it against much bigger guys than khan. he walked down an iron-chinned guerrero and made a junior middleweight back into a corner like a bullied kid. floyd was able to win rounds against these guys by dominating on the front foot.

stop fooling yourself, weeb. khan has zero chance here and likely gets stopped inside 4. his style might have been trouble years ago but reality is he's washed up and with a chin that has gotten worse.
          This didn't happen, he moved against Guerrero who plodded around the ring after him. He didn't walk down Canelo either, because guess what, Canelo doesn't move.

Khan moves a lot under Hunter, Floyd will have cut off the ring and employ his defence on the front foot against a faster opponent. It's a different challenge.

You wanted the Maidana fight for Floyd and I get that but he's seen it 100 times, no intrigue.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 01-15-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdubb View Post

glass jaw?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
              glass jaw?
              This cracked me up. Green K sent

Comment

• Floyd/Khan reportly confirmed Imminently

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...med-imminently

Is this is true I am so disappointed. Damn Damn Damnnnn

Comment

• First off, it's Bleacher Report.
                  Second..... we've all known about this since December

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                    First off, it's Bleacher Report.
                    Second..... we've all known about this since December
                    Your right. Just wishful thinking I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...med-imminently

Is this is true I am so disappointed. Damn Damn Damnnnn
                      i feel the same as you about this crappy fight but once floyd said the choice was maidana and khan that confrmed khan since schaeffer told dan that maidana broner 2 was signed.

Les just hope it doesn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X