Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Floyd Khan is a crap fight. That said, the majority of posters seem to think floyd beats everyone form 140-154. If the outcome is already determined than of course TMT/GBP/CBS are going to go with the fight that makes the most money.

If this were the 70's or 80's. FLoyd v Khan wouldn't be the bigger grossing fight, floyd v tim or floyd v lara or floyd v danny-better opponents but with a lower profile-would surely generate more interest. We'd have seen tim and lara on wide world of sports, and CBS sat/sun afternoon fights regularly and would know them better.

Its the ppv era and stars sell ppvs. Tyson Mcneely sold more than a tyson in with better people. I bet more than 2 times the number of people purchased floyd v ghost than did tim v JMM.

You can't escape the reality of the times.
    As I thought. 1 sentence calling the fight crap, (which it most definitely is). Then countless others defending it,lol.:*******:

Comment

So Floyd the 3 time junior Middleweight champ is gonna fight 140 pound shot to shit coming off a 13 month lay off Amir Khan?

The Catchweight King strikes again.

Comment

This is a **** fight and I won't support it.

But the fans have dismissed quality opponents such as Garcia, Lara/Trout winner and Bradley so **** them. Let Floyd fight Khan since they are ****ting on all of the other legit opponents regardless.

Another $40 million payday for sparring. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          As I thought. 1 sentence calling the fight crap, (which it most definitely is). Then countless others defending it,lol.:*******:
          Sad that you refuse to acknowledge the points made in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs see everything as defending the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            The business of boxing wins again, the fans get ko'd and the Floyd groupies will luv every minute of it.
            The "fans" had numerous chances to take a stand. Floyd fought Marquez in September '09. Pac beat Cotto in 11/09. Fight should have been made. But from that point forward:

Floyd fought Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto - all over 1 million buys and huge gates

Pac fought Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Marquez twice and Bradley - all over 1 million buys and huge gates.

Some statement, huh? Fans are getting KO'd because of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

But the fans have dismissed quality opponents such as Garcia, Lara/Trout winner and Bradley so **** them. Let Floyd fight Khan since they are ****ting on all of the other legit opponents regardless.

You don't even mention Pacquiao.

Comment

Fair and good points. If you keep saying every floyd fight except the ones we know likely wont happen are ****, then there is little reason to get mad when floyd takes the most lucrative crap fight that can realistically be made.

Comment

Originally posted by True Alpha Male View Post
                  You don't even mention Pacquiao.
                  The "fans" had numerous chances to take a stand. Floyd fought Marquez in September '09. Pac beat Cotto in 11/09. Fight should have been made. But from that point forward:

Floyd fought Mosley, Ortiz and Cotto - all over 1 million buys and huge gates

Pac fought Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Marquez twice and Bradley - all over 1 million buys and huge gates.

Some statement, huh? Fans are getting KO'd because of themselves.

Comment

Where have they been dismissed as quality opponents? People have been saying that Garcia should fight Floyd since he beat Matthysse, it's just less noticeable because Lucas was 'supposed' to win. And when Bradley won people were making threads 'Bradley v Mayweather, who wins?' as well as 'Should Bradley fight Floyd?' and the results were in favor of them. I don't think people are calling for him to fight Khan over Garcia or Bradley. It seems it could actually be the opposite. I don't know anyone in favor of him fighting Khan.

Now I don't know about Lara, I'd like to see it but I doubt anyone would call for it and I don't think GBP would ever consider it with PPV buys in mind tbh.

Comment

Shit is worse than the Ghost fight

Comment

Working...
                      X