Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am rewatching all of Marquez' losses....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am rewatching all of Marquez' losses....

...and there is only one fight left that I have to rewatch and score (Chris John fight).
    Here are the 3 losses I disagree with:

Freddie Norwood fight: in the whole fight not a lot happened, few punches were thrown and even fewer connected. But the bottom line is Marquez clearly won that fight because Norwood did nothing the whole fight. I scored it 8 rounds to 2 for Marquez with 2 rounds even. Norwood dropped Marquez once, Marquez dropped Norwood twice but only one knockdown was called by the ref.

3rd Pacquiao fight: clear win for Marquez in my opinion. The first 2 Pacquiao fights I did score for Pacquiao though.

Timothy Bradley fight: I had Marquez winning that fight very close. I have no problem with Bradley winning it closely either. But on my scorecard Marquez won the fight. If Bradley would have stayed active, he could have scored a wide decision, but he gave away the last 4 rounds on my scorecard.

So - I have to rewatch the Chris John fight this week and then I can tell you if Marquez should have either only 3 or only 4 losses on his record (instead of 7).
    [Pro debut: Marquez lost by DQ, there is no footage of it so I cannot comment on it.]

Right now I think Marquez got robbed quite a few times because he was the B side in almost all of those fights, furthermore he is a counterpuncher who very often lets the opponent lead. But the bottom line is he shouldn't have those 7 losses on his record, at least according to my opinion.

EDIT: I rewatched Marquez vs Chris John last night and I scored it for Marquez 7 rounds to 4 with 1 round even. When the referee realised that Marquez was hurting John with bodyshots in the 2nd half of the fight, he deducted 2 points from Marquez for "lowblows" which were normal bodyshots. So even with those 2 stolen points, I have Marquez winning it.
    Last edited by Salardo; 10-17-2013, 01:38 AM.

Is this Marquez, sound like you're still crying .

Comment

By the way, I didn't rewatch Marquez vs Mayweather and the first 2 Pacquiao fights because I watched and scored them more than once in the past and always had it the same, meaning I scored them against Marquez.

Comment

From what I remember, I had Marquez beating Chris John by three points but I have not watched that one in a few years. I saw the Norwood one last week and scored 115-111 For Márquez. The third Pacquiao fight I scored even, 114-114, but I could see JMM winning it because of some close rounds that he could have won.

Comment

It speaks volumes that the only person to have easy work against JMM is Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

It's a good thing you'r not a judge then.

Comment

The Chris John fight was close. Marquez might have won if its in Nevada but its in the champion's hometown so he had to really win convincingly to win which he didn't.

It's not like he did a Hopkins schooling Pascal in the first and second fight. It also didn't help Marquez that he had afew points taken off him for low blows also.

Comment

I had Marquez beating Mayweather 119-109, i dont include the knockdown because Marquez is old.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                  I had Marquez beating Mayweather 119-109, i dont include the knockdown because Marquez is old.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                    Right now I think Marquez got robbed quite a few times because he was the B side in almost all of those fights, furthermore he is a counterpuncher who very often lets the opponent lead. But the bottom line is he shouldn't have those 7 losses on his record, at least according to my opinion.
                    Marquez may have lost close decisions but he was never robbed by any means. Especially in the Bradley fight where better than 90% of analysts and experts agree that Marquez lost.

Comment

Working...
                    X