Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommy Gun

I still can't believe Lomachenko gonna fight Salido next. That's crazy.

On espn, teddy atlas voted him as the 10th best p4p fighter right now, after only one fight.
    Teddy has some low standards if he thinks that was a P4P performance.

The reason why Rigo has been so successful in the pros is cause of his style and he's gifted with physical attributes. Rigo takes no risks, every step is calculated.

I'll be surprised if Lomachenko's power bothers Salido, let alone beat him. We shall see in due time.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

The reason why Rigo has been so successful in the pros is cause of his style and he's gifted with physical attributes. Rigo takes no risks, every step is calculated.

I'll be surprised if Lomachenko's power bothers Salido, let alone beat him. We shall see in due time.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      I just found it startling that after 1 fight he ranks him in the top 10. Other than ESPN's corporate partnership with HBO and TR, I just can't think of a reason to justify it.

Comment

Damn, has there ever been a fighter with as much pressure riding on him immediately after going pro than Lomachenko? I almost feel bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          On espn, teddy atlas voted him as the 10th best p4p fighter right now, after only one fight.
          loma's got an affinity for the cus d'amato style, so he's probably fan boying a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            Salido will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. I doubt he's ever been forced to fight anyone, that's not the type of fighter he is. He comes to win every time and not by decision. It's not at all unreasonable that he asks for the money he deserves. After all their trying to market Lomachenko as the next big thing. Why fight Lomachenko for short money when there are already decent fights for good money out there for him.
            That's common sense.
            But I suspect that Arum plans to place Salido into the "sacrificial lamb" position in the Loma fight. It would be absurd for Arum to sign Lomachenko only to get him KOd by Salido in his second pro fight...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I think he favors boxers with extensive amateur backgrounds; Roy Jones Jr. carries it the same way.

Comment

Does anybody remember poor Vyacheslav Lemeshev?
                He was 20 years old when he won the Olympics in Munich...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhFMR62_l5U
                Last edited by MDPopescu; 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                  Salido will fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. I doubt he's ever been forced to fight anyone, that's not the type of fighter he is. He comes to win every time and not by decision. It's not at all unreasonable that he asks for the money he deserves. After all their trying to market Lomachenko as the next big thing. Why fight Lomachenko for short money when there are already decent fights for good money out there for him.
                  ^^^^^@ this^^^^^ right on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                  X