Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win Danny garcia vs JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez of a few years ago would have a field day with Garcia countering Garcias slow, looping counters. Garcia is better than given credit for, and it only took beating Matthyse to show it, but he would struggle against Juans sharp counters and better speed.

However, the Marquez of today is too slow and leaden and is combinations are nearly nonexistent now so he would lose, and even possibly get stopped after getting dropped a few times during exchanges because he just doesn't have the footwork, speed and combination punching he used to.

It would still be a good fight, possibly a FOTY type war and Marquez would tag him pretty good even now. Unless Marquez retires, which I hope he does, this is the only fight I'd like to see.

A toss up still, but I'd certainly favour the much younger, prime Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
      Great fight. Garcia proof me wrong with the Matthysse fight. I give it split decision Garcia.
      Split between what? Your two personalities? The two halves of your one brain?

You can't get a split decision by yourself mate.

Comment

I'd still go with jmm. I think that garcia will be in range more than bradley was and he'll be easier to find. Hard to bet against garcia though, the guy just wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          Marquez of a few years ago would have a field day with Garcia countering Garcias slow, looping counters..
          'I think the guy that showed up vs Diaz 1, Katsidis, MAB, Casa, and Fedchenko has a good chance of losing brutally. If the guy from last year shows up, maybe he can blast Danny with one punch

Comment

Danny is too much for JMM, any time, any weight. JMM would get destroyed by Swift..

Comment

I'm taking Garcia,he's younger fresher and Marquez is a sucker for a left hook..This fight would be a classic,Marquez all tho a thinker is an aggressive fighter..I'm not saying Marquez get's stopped,but I do see Garcia wobbling Marquez and maybe even dropping him a few times..

Garcia is a big dude,and his style is to time your punch and punch with you..This is a very interesting fight right here..I'd have to go with Garcia..

Comment

Working...
              X