No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Early FS1 Results from Sunrise: Rau’Shee Warren Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Early FS1 Results from Sunrise: Rau’Shee Warren Wins

Super bantamweight Rau’Shee Warren shut out veteran Jhon Molina over four rounds for the unanimous decision victory in the opening televised bout. Scores were 40-35 across the board for the three-time U.S. Olympian and world amateur champion.

Warren (8-0, 3 KOs), from Cincinnati, Ohio, initially benefitted from a gaffe in the first round, as Molina clearly slipped but the referee ruled it a knockdown. From that point forward, while Molina had a few successful moments on the inside, Warren’s handspeed, bodywork, and combination punching carried him through the next three frames.

At one point, the American southpaw teed off on the 5-foot-2 Molina (32-25-3, 20 KOs), reeling off a smooth string of five consecutive punches highlighted by a sharp right hook. But the Colombian was outgunned but undeterred. In the last minute of the fight, he caught Warren with a pair of lunging shots and some bodywork with the Olympian on the ropes. [Click Here To Read More]

If these Olympians take the same route as Russell Jr, it will be a very long time before we see them do anything meaningful. It makes it very hard to give a damn about them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      If these Olympians take the same route as Russell Jr, it will be a very long time before we see them do anything meaningful. It makes it very hard to give a damn about them right now.
      Yup, it's too difficult to give any mind to fighters who are just having their records inflated. The only ones getting anything out of uncompetitive fights are managers and promoters because the fighters don't get true experience from them, all they get is to keep an undefeated record and the hope of eventually landing big money fights. Which in a lot of cases once they do it's only to loose because they don't have the proper experience.

Comment

Spence Jr is a good little prospect but man did I see some flaws in his game tonight!... Had Spence been in there and fought like that with anyone near elite he would of been KTFO tonight. I think he is a bit too tall and lanky for the WW division for beginners. Good power but not quick at all. Canelo's hands are faster than Spence's. He also comes forward in a straight line too often leaving himself open for counters over and over. Also due to his long arms he always seems to be vulnerable after missing punches. Footwork is not to so great. Defense was VERY limited. Stamina is ??? to say the least... and I like Spence but after actually seeing him go more than 2 rds for once I have to say that he is nothing special atm. You can almost tell that he started boxing late at age 15. IMO he would be better off campaigning at 154 where his power can make up for his lack of speed and timing he needs to be elite at 147..

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
          Yup, it's too difficult to give any mind to fighters who are just having their records inflated. The only ones getting anything out of uncompetitive fights are managers and promoters because the fighters don't get true experience from them, all they get is to keep an undefeated record and the hope of eventually landing big money fights. Which in a lot of cases once they do it's only to loose because they don't have the proper experience.
          Yep, and Shee isn't some young kid, this guy needs to speed it along and look for a title fight by his 10th bout or so.

The other guys have some time to develop, but it's not like any if them won a medal, so its not like fans will really be looking and waiting for these guys the way they did for Ward.

I think all of these U.S. Olympians made a huge mistake signing with Haymon. Only one of them signed with Top Rank, and he got himself a nice signing bonus. The rest of them didn't get a thing.

Comment

I thought the ref should've called a tko instead of a standing 8 count in that Charo fight. Rodriguez was finished.

Comment

Working...
            X