No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley-Juan Manuel Marquez: Pre-Report Card

by Cliff Rold - There are few things more exciting than fighters that fans know can be knocked down going into a big fight.

There is one thing though.

Knowing they get back up.

This Saturday on Las Vegas (HBO PPV, 9 PM EST/PST), a pair of proven hearts will step to ring center for a belt, the championship of each other, and a safe place as the next best Welterweight in the world after Floyd Mayweather. Both have been through bumps in the road and still to some degree fight in the shadow of a bigger superstar.

Manny Pacquiao won’t be in the ring this time.

For this night, the stage is all theirs.The shadow of Pacquiao is at least there in common results against the man. Bradley got a ton of grief for getting a decision many thought he didn’t deserve in 2012. Marquez, always a good puncher, landed the A+ shot of a lifetime against Pacquiao at the end of the same year. Since that bout, Marquez has laid in wait while Bradley got himself in what might still be the 2013 Fight of the Year with Ruslan Provodnikov.

[Click Here To Read More]

Bradley UD
    Faster , slicker ,can adapt, stronger ,good team ,
    More endurance , younger,

I think its a chess match for 2 rounds .
    Then bradley starts grinding down the older marquez.
    Boxing , putting pressure, clinching,
    Working inside and smothering juan.
    By round 10 juan will have looked tough and competitive at times,
    But juan will get punished in the long haul.

Bradley will take juans bests shots and neutralize the slower marquez
    And cruise in rounds 11 and 12 to a UD

Comment

This is definitely a tough fight to predict, and the present circumstances such as JMM's age and the fact that he is far from a natural welterweight make it that much more difficult to call. One thing is for sure though, and that is that both of these guys definitely have more then enough heart to go around and they are both great fighters in their own right who are going to show up to win. Can't really ask for much more from them other then for this to be a great fight that hopefully ends decisively and with out any controversy.

Comment

Hard to pick but because Bradley likes to engage and doesn't have great power to earn JMM's respect i'm going with JMM by decision.

Going to be a great fight.

Comment

I have feeling this will be a great fight. I say Marquez takes it due to his superior ring IQ. I wouldn't be upset if Bradley wins either. A Marquez win will line him up for a potential fight with Floyd. That would be another undefeated younger champion that he can add to his record

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Bradley UD
            Faster , slicker ,can adapt, stronger ,good team ,
            More endurance , younger,

I think its a chess match for 2 rounds .
            Then bradley starts grinding down the older marquez.
            Boxing , putting pressure, clinching,
            Working inside and smothering juan.
            By round 10 juan will have looked tough and competitive at times,
            But juan will get punished in the long haul.

Bradley will take juans bests shots and neutralize the slower marquez
            And cruise in rounds 11 and 12 to a UD
            Pacquiao was all those things and everybody saw how that ended. In this fight the smarter fighter will win. And that fighter is Marquez

Comment

Bradley should get an F for power,not B-

Comment

I'm rooting for Bradley. Should be an interesting match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                  Pacquiao was all those things and everybody saw how that ended. In this fight the smarter fighter will win. And that fighter is Marquez
                  Manny got caught. Rahman stopped Lewis. Rahman is a better fighter to you than Lewis? Ugh..

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
                    I have feeling this will be a great fight. I say Marquez takes it due to his superior ring IQ. I wouldn't be upset if Bradley wins either. A Marquez win will line him up for a potential fight with Floyd. That would be another undefeated younger champion that he can add to his record
                    Might have missed it, but Juan said he doesn't want another fight. You did miss it, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X