No announcement yet.

Delvin Rodriguez: "Cotto beats Martinez, definitely."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delvin Rodriguez: "Cotto beats Martinez, definitely."

Delvin Rodriguez was mightily impressed with the oomph on Miguel Cotto's left hook on Saturday night in Orlando, Fla. The Danbury, Conn.-based boxer, who also works as an analyst for ESPN and will be heading to Las Vegas this week to work the Timothy Bradley Jr.-Juan Manuel Marquez show, told me that Cotto's power surprised him.

I asked Rodriguez, who was TKO'd in Round 3 by the Puerto Rican future Hall of Famer, what he foresees occurring if a rumored showdown between Cotto and middleweight champion Sergio Martinez were to take place.

"That's a great fight," Rodriguez said. "Cotto is really strong, very determined. He could do a lot of damage because Martinez fights with his hands down." The fighter/analyst said he could see Martinez using his movement to good effect early, but getting broken down as the rounds progress.

So who would have his hand raised at the end of the night?

"Cotto would beat Martinez, definitely, in a close fight," Rodriguez said.

LINK

Better chance of it now

Comment

The Martinez who fought against Murray, I can see it

Comment

Delvin said what I have been saying since Martinez rise to the top. Cotto will break him down.

Martinez has never face a fighter with a better jab, and better timming than him, and while in his prime he has avoided body punchers for a reason.

Cotto starts using his jab and cutting off the ring on Martinez and by the 7 or 8 round Martinez will be ready for the taking!

Cotto TKOs him in 10 or less!

Comment

Unlike most of the guys pulling for Cotto, I'm a huge Maravilla fan as well. I can see his style troubling Cotto, but I got Cotto beating him in a close, but clear UD.

Comment

Delvin "P4P Legend" Rodriguez has spoken!

Comment

Prime no

Now maybe

Comment

probably...Sergio looked like a shell of himself in his last fight...he's coming off an injury and he's like 87yrs old now

Cotto looked damn good in his last outing but i remind myself that it was Delvin effing Rodriguez

Comment

Nobody has ever put a beating on Rodriguez like Cotto did. Not even close.

Comment

id pick mayweather to beat martinez, cotto im not so sure, 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                    X