No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: The Crowd Can’t Tell Me How to Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: The Crowd Can’t Tell Me How to Fight

Terence Crawford says he wasn’t bothered by the booing that rained down on him and his opponent during his decision win over Andrey Klimov.

“I already knew what they wanted. They wanted a fan-friendly fight, being that Miguel Cotto is the main event, and the type of fights that he be in,” Crawford said at the post-fight press conference. “They wanted us to slug it out and all that, but if I can get the job done easily and take less punishment and not be in a rough fight, that’s the smart thing to do.”

Klimov fought a very tentative fight, barely engaging or allowing himself to be in danger. He threw just 290 punches over the course of 10 rounds, landing just 57. He was 28 of 131 in power punches, according to CompuBox. [Click Here To Read More]

I love it!!! I'm getting tired of all this "fan-friendly" BS. I want to see skills. I want to see defense.

If my kids become fighters, I want them to be pure boxers. Hit and don't get hit.

Comment

I agree with "fight your fight" but he had an opponent in there that he should have finished. He didn't have the power to hurt him, he landed single digit punches each round and he knew he couldn't win before the bell ring.

Everybody from Sweet Pea, to Floyd down to even Rigo finish these caliber of opponents. These are showcase fights and Crawford failed to show out.

Comment

Missed all of last nights fights. Was TC that disappointing? I'm high on him. Uhhh... no Romo.

Comment

I thought he did fine. His opponent was the problem. I like face first guys as much as anyone, but there was nothing wrong with how he fought. His opponent threw just over 200 punches. He threw over 500.

So who was the problem in this fight? The commentators and crowd were disgusting to listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            Missed all of last nights fights. Was TC that disappointing? I'm high on him. Uhhh... no Romo.
            He did good. Problem is he carried a guy that he should have finished.

The talent and skill is still there. Bring on Ricky Burns or Ray Beltran and we'll see what he's really made of.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              I agree with "fight your fight" but he had an opponent in there that he should have finished. He didn't have the power to hurt him, he landed single digit punches each round and he knew he couldn't win before the bell ring.

Everybody from Sweet Pea, to Floyd down to even Rigo finish these caliber of opponents. These are showcase fights and Crawford failed to show out.
              Yeah, I understand being responsible vs Prescott, but this guy had nothing to offer. He'll be hard to beat, but not really a good sign for his TV appeal.

Comment

Kellerman was worst of all.. That queer who has never fought in his life. Might as well go get knocked out, who cares. That dude is a joke. RJJ was silent but you know he was thinking this dude is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  He did good. Problem is he carried a guy that he should have finished.

The talent and skill is still there. Bring on Ricky Burns or Ray Beltran and we'll see what he's really made of.
                  How can you say Mayweather finishes these caliber of fighters yet deuce on Crawford for last night? He's had three fights on HBO against a solid contender in a weight class higher which people raved about his performance, then he follows that up by stopping a guy in his normal weight class.

Last night, he fought a guy that wanted to survive and was doing what he could to prevent conflict. And you're telling me that Sweet Pea and Mayweather, Mayweather of all people.....

Mayweather -- supreme KO artist... finisher of all fights.

Can anybody have enough courage to say that Klimov didn't want to fight? That would be refreshing and truthful.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    I thought he did fine. His opponent was the problem. I like face first guys as much as anyone, but there was nothing wrong with how he fought. His opponent threw just over 200 punches. He threw over 500.

So who was the problem in this fight? The commentators and crowd were disgusting to listen to.
                    This...... it's that simple. It's pathetic how people can just let Klimov off the hook.

Comment

Working...
                    X