Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genuine feeling amongst bookmakers that povetkin will put up a good fight vs Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TylerLim View Post
    Thanks for clarifying TheIcon something however does not make sense.

Are the bookmakers simply matching another line, why would it move if money is coming in near equal.

I wonder if Wlad will be getting ready for the bout in a siberian meat locker in the stadium.
    Exactly that to me is what doesn't add up. I'll tell you what this compares to for me, WWE events, on the day of events the bookies dramatically shift odds so that the winner of the event ends up being at a much shorter price than he started at, this usually isn't because of money wagered its because they pick up on some inside knowledge that is leaked. Of course its different because in WWE they can be absolutely certain of the winner and therefore can dramatically shift odds in 1 way to the point of making the guy that is going to win, the favorite, but the kicker in boxing is that wlad can still KO povetkin at any time in this fight and therefore they will not actually want to make Povetkin the outright favorite, but if Povetkin knows that this stuff is going on then we may see a Povetkin survival mode for 12 rounds followed by a robbery decision in Russia.

Comment

This is an aussie sports book with the current line

Boxing - Unification Heavyweight 3h 55m
      Wladimir Klitschko 1.30 (opened at 1.15 was 1.18 approx 4 hours ago)
      Alexander Povetkin 3.45

Sorry this is not usa odds but 1.30 means bet 100 win 30 (so its approx -333).

Huge move.

Comment

This is an aussie sports book with the current line

Boxing - Unification Heavyweight 3h 55m
        Wladimir Klitschko 1.30 (opened at 1.15 was 1.18 approx 4 hours ago)
        Alexander Povetkin 3.45

Sorry this is not usa odds but 1.30 means bet 100 win 30 (so its approx -333).

Huge move.
        It happens if bookies know something. any idea who is judging tonight? Be prepared for a shock split decision win.

Comment

Yeah, I like your over bet very much!

Comment

Yeah, I like your over bet very much!
            I'd say thats the way to go especially if Povetkin thinks he may win a robbery decision, he is bound to just try and survive. I really want the fight to go the distance now just to see if we have crooked judges tonight or not

Comment

Is there any other way to cross check that $$$ coming in for each fighter are close to even?

Sigh its 1am here, the fight doesnt start till 5am and this just has me all the more curious.

Comment

I see a few points being taken and maybe even a DQ, the rules are going to be enforced tonight this isn't Germany that allows Wlad to hug his opponents to death.

Comment

Is there any other way to cross check that $$$ coming in for each fighter are close to even?

Sigh its 1am here, the fight doesnt start till 5am and this just has me all the more curious.
                  I think your fight start time is a bit off it's at least 6 hours away.

Comment

They just need refs to stop Wlad's excessive clinching.

It's funny how Eddie Cotton took away 2 points from Lewis and threatened to DQ HIM AGAINST Tyson............. yet nobody did anything against Wlad during Peter I.. If Cotton had ref Peter I.. he would have DQED Wlad.

Comment

I think its actually just 4 hours away as that will be 11.15 russian time (doubt it will be much later than that).

Comment

Working...
                      X