Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "GGG vs Stevens/Vera" mismatch and waste of time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    It's not anything like Matthysse. Matthysse got fights. He didn't have to spend 2 years offering fights to guys and hearing "No," every time.

Golovkin has literally heard, "No," from everyone that matters at middleweight. He was just told no by Barker, Geale, and Murray. Sturm has told him no. Go down the list, everyone has told him, "No."

I hope it changes after Stevens. Barker and Sturm are already not options and neither is Martinez. Hopefully Geale or Murray can happen.
    of course they told him no. Just because HBO is giving GGG the push doesn't mean other fighters annoint him the man to beat in the division. Martinez is still the man at MW. They are likely holding out to see if they can get that fight first. (although Barker apparently pulled a Bowe overseas)

Mora didn't say no and HBO acted like he wasn't there. SO as soon as someone said yes, GGG got HBO to step in and say no. He's a damn good fighter bojangles but HBO is gonna steer him the same way they do every fighter they give the push to.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      of course they told him no. Just because HBO is giving GGG the push doesn't mean other fighters annoint him the man to beat in the division. Martinez is still the man at MW. They are likely holding out to see if they can get that fight first. (although Barker apparently pulled a Bowe overseas)

Mora didn't say no and HBO acted like he wasn't there. SO as soon as someone said yes, GGG got HBO to step in and say no. He's a damn good fighter bojangles but HBO is gonna steer him the same way they do every fighter they give the push to.
      That's ducking. They are dropping belts or denying title shots to not fight Golovkin, that's ducking. Not just the champs. The fringe guys have told him no as well. Hopefully those fringe guys will start fighting him because the major players won't. Circumstances have changed since they last denied Golovkin.

There's not much difference between Mora and Stevens. I'd have preferred Mora, but it's not much a difference.

Comment

i told you business reasons why HBO rejected the mora fight for GGG. I find those reasons to make sense. you seem to agree. The stevens fight is a good fight., but please stop with the guys are dodging ggg BS.

you are simply replacing matts with ggg.
        HBO has the same reasons everyone else has with Mora: he's boring and can't sell. Ask yourself how many times the guy has been on a network.

you are simply trying to make GGG look bad

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          That's ducking. They are dropping belts or denying title shots to not fight Golovkin, that's ducking. Not just the champs. The fringe guys have told him no as well. Hopefully those fringe guys will start fighting him because the major players won't. Circumstances have changed since they last denied Golovkin.

There's not much difference between Mora and Stevens. I'd have preferred Mora, but it's not much a difference.
          there is a huge difference between stevens and mora-like choosing rios over alvarado-its not about winning or losing its about how the winner looks in victory. I completely understand this-particularly when HBO is pretty much making GGG their main guy.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
            HBO has the same reasons everyone else has with Mora: he's boring and can't sell. Ask yourself how many times the guy has been on a network.

you are simply trying to make GGG look bad
            Look dude, I get that everytime you respond to a post you make it about me and what you think I like or dislike because you can't refute the point. thats tired.

you are actually agreeing wth me here.

I'm not trying to make GGG look anything. I think HBO is going to steer his career in a way that best protects their investment. we agree on mora, but he did call ggg out whilist everyone elsewas saying no.

Comment

Vera would be a horrible fight there is no doubt about it. I winder how long golovkin fans will be OK with him holding out, waiting for a Martinez shot that honestly may never come. Martinez has options. N
              And it seems his next fight will likely be cotto.

Comment

Look dude, I get that everytime you respond to a post you make it about me and what you think I like or dislike because you can't refute the point. thats tired.

you are actually agreeing wth me here.

I'm not trying to make GGG look anything. I think HBO is going to steer his career in a way that best protects their investment. we agree on mora, but he did call ggg out whilist everyone elsewas saying no.
                from reading a bunch of your posts I'm getting the vibe that you really don't like GGG. Seems strange since the guy fights often is exciting is willing to fight anybody is respectful and doesn't act like a dick outside the ring and inside it is knocking guys out. I'd have thought most boxing fans without an agenda would rejoice to think that a guy like that is on the way up.

Comment

Where'd I hear that? I just heard Puello say he'd like it and it's a viable option.
                  As for Vera, he's nothing but a stay busy fight

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    from reading a bunch of your posts I'm getting the vibe that you really don't like GGG. Seems strange since the guy fights often is exciting is willing to fight anybody is respectful and doesn't act like a dick outside the ring and inside it is knocking guys out. I'd have thought most boxing fans without an agenda would rejoice to think that a guy like that is on the way up.
                    You can not find one post I have written that is critical of GGG as a fighter.

saying that sergio is the best mw in the world, that GGG is on the next tier with quillin, that HBO is investing in him and thus has vested interest in his performance, or that sergio and not he would be the MW floyd would fight, or that fighters are not scared of him are not critical statements.

What agenda do my posts suggest I have about GGG? Please back this up with any posts I've made concerning him. You'll find that I have been complimentary .

The only thing my posts suggest is I don't like the way some posters have annointed him the best MW in the world when he niether has the signature win or culmulative resume to back support that opinion. Nothing more or less.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-02-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      Vera would be a horrible fight there is no doubt about it. I winder how long golovkin fans will be OK with him holding out, waiting for a Martinez shot that honestly may never come. Martinez has options. N
                      And it seems his next fight will likely be cotto.
                      Why are people saying this? He tried to make a fight with Murray, didn't happen. Geale and Barker both said no. Martinez is hurt. Quillin's on Showtime. Golovkin's team tries and they all deny him. He's not holding out for a damn thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X