Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedro Diaz Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great trainer, great speaker, clearly a very intelligent man. Him and Rigo is a dream match-up.

Comment

Dude is a great trainer indeed, maybe the best fundamentals of all the top trainers.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds
        Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

I think he just needs to get noticed more by training these guys and keep winning. Cause he's probably pretty unknown right now. Once he starts winning they will wanna come to him.

Look at Robert Garcia, I think he's a ****ty trainer but he got recognition for being trainer of the year and everybody started going to him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

They would never give it to himm, it's all politics. Even if Rigo dominates Akbeko or KOs him en DosRounds as well as taking the "p4p number 5" to school they wouldn't even consider Diaz
        I'm not saying to give him the trainer of the year award cause his only fighter doing a damn is Rigo. My point was, he just needs to keep winning and keep attracting more fighters then maybe some young fighters will seek his help. He did well with Cotto but unfortunately it was a losing effort.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He is a very good trainer. You do not see him in camera too often. Thats why he doesn't get notice a lot.

Comment

Another ATG line dropped by Pedro Diaz in todays fighter meeting

There are a lot of fighters that express what the public wants to hear outside the ring, but in the ring the tongue doesn't fight. - P. Diaz
            Last edited by Malik Kaya; 12-06-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
              Another ATG line dropped by Pedro Diaz in todays fighter meeting

There are a lot of fighters that express what the public wants to hear outside the ring, but in the ring the tongue doesn't fight. - P. Diaz
              That is a good one.

During Mayweather Cotto 24/7 he was dropping some good lines too

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                That is a good one.

During Mayweather Cotto 24/7 he was dropping some good lines too

Yeah i posted some of them, check page 1

Comment

Pedro is a G

Why did Miguel leave him? Did he give any reasons?

It should be very obvious that Cotto left because he lost his last two fights before Rodriguez. Losses to Mayweather and then Trout. When these fighters start losing fights in consecutive fashion, they drop their trainer like hot potatoes.

You saw what Khan did with Roach after he dropped two. You saw what Shane Mosley did with Naziim after his losses. You saw what Judah did with Whitaker. Victor Ortiz dropped Garcia after a couple losses too. Berto dropped his trainer after a couple losses. You see the pattern? The list goes on...

Comment

Pedro is a G

Why did Miguel leave him? Did he give any reasons?
                    the high altitude training.. they trained, i think in big bear, and cotto didnt have time to get adjusted to the climate with enough time before the fight and blamed his loss on diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      the high altitude training.. they trained, i think in big bear, and cotto didnt have time to get adjusted to the climate with enough time before the fight and blamed his loss on diaz.
                      I think stylistic change had a certain amount to do with it too. When Cotto thinks of his glory days he thinks about taking it to the opponent and imposing his will, not boxing tactically and moving like he was under Diaz. It's difficult enough for a guy to change a style he had so much success with anyway, but when he loses with it he just loses faith in the whole idea.

The fast that he went to an offensively minded coach like Freddie afterwards suggests that this is how he was thinking. Then you get everyone saying afterwards that the 'old' Cotto was back etc. as well.

Remains to be seen which philosophy was the right one for him though. I have my doubts that Roach is right for him at 154, never mind 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X