Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Won’t Floyd Mayweather Pick Up His ‘Easy’ $75 Mil and Fight Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Canelo's bigger than Pacquiao. Canelo hits harder than Pacquiao. Canelo is more prime than Pacquiao. Canelo is more defensively responsible than Pacquiao. Sorry to break it to you. but fighting Canelo is a bigger risk than fighting Manny.
    You serious? With all the fights and all the recognition and accomplishment and you dare compare canelo to PAC? Canelo is a work in progress. He is a good fighter and as I've said ain't ripe yet and still learning. Hence he got schooled.

PAC is a war vet. He has a proven track record and a stellar career and you say canelo is greater? Geez is this really a boxing site? That's it! I'm out. This is ******ed.

Comment

Canelo's bigger than Pacquiao. Canelo hits harder than Pacquiao. Canelo is more prime than Pacquiao. Canelo is more defensively responsible than Pacquiao. Sorry to break it to you. but fighting Canelo is a bigger risk than fighting Manny.
      The selling point in any floyd fight since the ODH fight is "can they beat floyd". Casual fans think like a lot of NSB posters-power and size is the way to beat floyd. Thats why te Canelo fight solkd so well.

If Manny gets a couple KO wins and looks great, people will hink he can beat floyd and the fight will sell. If manny looks like crap or loses, people wont think that.;

Comment

• I think if PAC beats rios they will negotiate again. But arum is the biggest road block

Comment

sorry, J...a shot to **** PAC is still a bigger threat than Canelo who has no handspeed or foot movement and gasses after 4 rounds

Comment

• Could Floyd be secretly under contract with GB? Like Pacquiao, he only fights in-house fights. GB was rumored to have paid or given him a loan for his IRS debt. Similar to how Arum has been rumored to have given Pac loans. Despite his public refusals to worth with Arum, the two sides have tried to make the fight. Which shows he's at least willing to do it. Is the reason he won't work without GB is because he can't?

Comment

• Just five years from now all these discussions will just be reduced to sound bytes, "Floyd ducked Pac." People generally don't care about details. They're too busy texting, tweeting, playing videos. Just like in politics. You screw up and all people see is the screw up no matter how many times you have explained the screw up. It's beyond repair. Damage is done.

Hagler put it succinctly, "Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say "I'll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I'll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I'll come to your house."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                You serious? With all the fights and all the recognition and accomplishment and you dare compare canelo to PAC? Canelo is a work in progress. He is a good fighter and as I've said ain't ripe yet and still learning. Hence he got schooled.

PAC is a war vet. He has a proven track record and a stellar career and you say canelo is greater? Geez is this really a boxing site? That's it! I'm out. This is ******ed.
                Are you serious? Pac is a boxer not a war vet. I really bothers me when I see posters call boxers war vets or say they are going to war. I love boxing, but that's disrespectful to real war vets and military vets that have actually been in combat.

Ok, so back on topic. Pac is a great brawler-fighter type boxer, but his isn't a true boxer or strategist. I wish the dude luck on his next fight, but he isn't a threat to Floyd no matter how you try to hype it up. His power hasn't been devastating since the Clottey fight. That's why he's fight little Rios next in the hopes that he'll knockout the little dude out and all the casual fans(Skip Bayless included) will start screaming that Manny is back. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                  Just five years from now all these discussions will just be reduced to sound bytes, "Floyd ducked Pac." People generally don't care about details. They're too busy texting, tweeting, playing videos. Just like in politics. You screw up and all people see is the screw up no matter how many times you have explained the screw up. It's beyond repair. Damage is done.

Hagler put it succinctly, "Well the thing is, when you want to retire you want to go out knowing you fought the best in the world and this was the only fight that was left for me that meant anything. So normally, you would say "I'll give you anything that you want. I’ll tell you what I'll do—I’ll even fight you in your living room. I'll come to your house."
                  That was Hagler speaking on getting the big money fight with SRL. SO lets see if Manny is willing to what Hagler said to get the big fight.

As the wall street journal suggested it was manny who made the mistake. It was he who was unwilling to fight the best of his era.

Since Manny turned down 50/50, turned down $40 mil, and likely wot sign with TMT, I doubt he is man enough to "give floyd anything that he wants", fight floyd in his living room or come to his house." "

Comment

• To many pages but im gonna guess its mainly pac fans calling names, begging, and wishing pac had just said yes to tests.

Floyd doing his victory lap after a record breaking fight while pac is hoping China works out.

One moving forward the other moving back. You can figure out who is who

Comment

• All people will remember of Pac is him being face first on the canvas, thanks to Marquez, and running far away from Floyd, hiding behind the Arum's skirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X