No announcement yet.

Is this Al Haymon? (at #TheOne)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
    Haymon is not the smartest, most educated nor the most experienced.

Ain't dat da truf doe

I read what you said. I wasn't addressing your entire post (hence only the listing of others that are educated), merely your stupid theory. Why? Because even in the idiocy that is your post there is some correctness. Similar to how a broken clock is still correct twice a day.

I have read your subsequent posts, and they only bolster my opinion of you. How do you, radioraheem, know that there were terms in Bradley's contract that he did not understand? Were you present during the drafting, negotiating or executing on the contract? I HIGHLY doubt Arum even drafts any contract for his fighters. Both parties have access to attorneys that can interpret and amend the contract language. They are dealing with hefty amounts of money, and are generally dealing at arms length. Ignorance of contract language is self-imposed if anything. Nothing is secret. It's literally, all on the paper.

YOU try again.
    You've never addresses anything relevant, especially in regards to how Haymon could be shady.

As far as managers go, please tell me who is better? Who has negotiated as many high pay days for their fighters right now? Don't hurt yourself while you think of that.

I was able to speak on the contract due to information from both Bradleys team and Bob Arum himself. At one point, Bradley stated to the media, that his contract says VADA or USADA, and he will kill the fight due to breach of contract. Arum responded saying that Bradley needs to read is contract more carefully, because it only says independent agency, rather than any specific agency. It was a clear sneaky loophole. Thats how NSAC random testing came into play, and no VADA or USADA for Marquez. And guess what, Bradley ended up having to fight because if he did not, Bradley would be in breach of contract.
    Last edited by radioraheem; 09-25-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

these guys are claiming haymon is shady but have no inside proof,no examples of fighters leaving him and complaining of how they were mistreated.

fighters get gifts all the time, hell tim bradley could have arguably have gotten two back to back gifts.

haymon may be shady but to say he is just because of gifts in fights is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        You've never addresses anything relevant, especially in regards to how Haymon could be shady.

As far as managers go, please tell me who is better? Who has negotiated as many high pay days for their fighters right now? Don't hurt yourself while you think of that.

I was able to speak on the contract due to information from both Bradleys team and Bob Arum himself. At one point, Bradley stated to the media, that his contract says VADA or USADA, and he could kill the fight due to breach of contract. Arum responded saying that Bradley needs to read is contract more carefully, because it only says independent agency, rather than any specific agency. It was a clear sneaky loophole. And guess what, Bradley ended up having to fight because if he did not, Bradley would be in breach of contract.
        I didn't address Haymon being shady because I don't think he's being shady. Nor do I think Arum, Schafer or anyone else is. Nor did I dispute that he's the best because I know he's the best. Why would I dispute something I agree with?

I only disputed two points of yours: 1) there is no one educated in boxing & haymon is the smartest (most educated and bestest ever);
        2) lack of education is the reason for "shadiness."

With respect to Bradley, whose fault is it that he didn't read his contract? Bradley and no one else. Since you're an expert in contract law, you would know that the law imposes a duty to read and imputes knowledge of a signed contract. How is it sneaky if it is IN the contract? Who read the contract for Bradley?

This is why I said you don't have any information on how this actually played-out. You're assuming, based on an ex post analysis that somehow Bradley was cheated or TR used a "loophole." I disagree. It's Bradley's fault he didn't spend money on someone to negotiate his contract or read it. It's not like he doesn't have the funds to hire someone to place him in the best position. It's his fault and his management's; not TR.

The above scenario is why I believe Haymon is the best. He doesn't make rookie mistakes and knows, based on the results and speculation, what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          I think the number one reason why the keyboard cowards on this site have a problem with Al Haymon is the fact that he represents Floyd Mayweather and has helped Floyd Mayweather become the highest paid athlete in any sport in the world. If he was not affiliated with Floyd Mayweather, no one would care who he was or what he was doing.

I think the reason why Bob Arum and those talking heads at HBO have a problem with Haymon is because he does not allow promoters or the networks to take advantage of his fighters. He gets his fighters what they deserve and, in spite of what anyone says, a fighter who gets in the ring and earns a promoter and network millions of dollars deserves to get paid well. If Manny Pacquaio had Al Haymon as his advisor instead of that clown, Michael Konce, Pac would be guaranteed $20 million per fight in his contracts instead of the $5 million he is currently guaranteed with an incentive that he will make $20 milllion if the fight sells well on PPV. If Nonito Donaire had Haymon as his promoter, he would have gotten $3 million to fight Mares instead of $1 million to fight Rigondeaux and the fight would have been on HBO because HBO would not have had a choice but to deal with Haymon.

Al Haymon is hired by fighters to even the playing field for them against ruthless promoters and networks that want to control a fighter's career by dictating who they can and cannot fight and when, and that is exactly what he does. He is the closest thing to a union that boxers have. That is why Bob Arum hates him and won't allow any of his fighters to go near Haymon, that is why HBO severed ties with him, and that is why boxers want him on their team.
          slurpy slurp slurp.

Comment

I didn't address Haymon being shady because I don't think he's being shady. Nor do I think Arum, Schafer or anyone else is. Nor did I dispute that he's the best because I know he's the best. Why would I dispute something I agree with?

I only disputed two points of yours: 1) there is no one educated in boxing & haymon is the smartest (most educated and bestest ever);
            2) lack of education is the reason for "shadiness."

With respect to Bradley, whose fault is it that he didn't read his contract? Bradley and no one else. Since you're an expert in contract law, you would know that the law imposes a duty to read and imputes knowledge of a signed contract. How is it sneaky if it is IN the contract? Who read the contract for Bradley?

This is why I said you don't have any information on how this actually played-out. You're assuming, based on an ex post analysis that somehow Bradley was cheated or TR used a "loophole." I disagree. It's Bradley's fault he didn't spend money on someone to negotiate his contract or read it. It's not like he doesn't have the funds to hire someone to place him in the best position. It's his fault and his management's; not TR.

The above scenario is why I believe Haymon is the best. He doesn't make rookie mistakes and knows, based on the results and speculation, what he is doing.

I never said that no one is educated other than Haymon. You are reading whatever you want. I said that there's a lot of managers in boxing that aren't that educated, and lack the business experience and credentials that Haymon brings to the table. And I made a point to mention that, one doesn't need a degree, credentials, or experience, to start a career as a manager in boxing.

And I never said Haymon is the 'bestest ever'. Although that point could certainly be argued because of his success.

With respect to Bradley, it is the fault of himself and his team. And things like that can only happen if the team lacks knowledge, experience, etc. Otherwise, that would have been prevented. It is 'sneaky' because Bradley made it clear a long time ago that he wanted to use VADA and/or USADA. Arum clearly knew this (and admitted such). So for neither organization to be used, and instead NSAC to be used, is sneaky. In my opinion, Arum knew it would be a thing that would get overlooked, and give him the power to do something other than using VADA/USADA. I don't fault Arum pulling that card.

But if Bradley's team were smarter, more knowledgeable, that thing should have totally been prevented.

Comment

I never said that no one is educated other than Haymon. You are reading whatever you want. I said that there's a lot of managers in boxing that aren't that educated, and lack the business experience and credentials that Haymon brings to the table. And I made a point to mention that, one doesn't need a degree, credentials, or experience, to start a career as a manager in boxing.

And I never said Haymon is the 'bestest ever'. Although that point could certainly be argued because of his success.

With respect to Bradley, it is the fault of himself and his team. And things like that can only happen if the team lacks knowledge, experience, etc. Otherwise, that would have been prevented. It is 'sneaky' because Bradley made it clear a long time ago that he wanted to use VADA and/or USADA. Arum clearly knew this (and admitted such). So for neither organization to be used, and instead NSAC to be used, is sneaky. In my opinion, Arum knew it would be a thing that would get overlooked, and give him the power to do something other than using VADA/USADA. I don't fault Arum pulling that card.

But if Bradley's team were smarter, more knowledgeable, that thing should have totally been prevented.
              Fair enough. You did say some. I meant to write some as well. I was attempting to make the point that boxing is in fact filled with very intelligent people, and they are usually the ones running the show. It may be easy to break into the business, but not easy to establish a brand and longevity.

Anyways, like I said before, Arum probably doesn't write the contracts for fighters. He hasn't practiced law in a very long time from what I've read. He may have dictated the terms he wanted in the contract, but Bradley AGREED. EXPLICITLY. I don't think it's a result of lack of education or smarts, it's basic business. You have a document that's important to your career and worth (potentially) millions of dollars, you have someone read it AT LEAST ONCE. I'm saying that someone, even of your intellect, could probably read a contract and see what's wrong with it or if you have the terms your want incorporated.

It's really entirely Bradley's fault. I don't think it's a lack of education or ignorance or experience. He's been in major fights for a while now. He's got the experience. He's aware of what he's doing. It's not an "oversight" or "loophole." It was on a piece of paper he signed. If he didn't understand what it said, he could have had someone who did read it many times.

Comment

Fair enough. You did say some. I meant to write some as well. I was attempting to make the point that boxing is in fact filled with very intelligent people, and they are usually the ones running the show. It may be easy to break into the business, but not easy to establish a brand and longevity.

Anyways, like I said before, Arum probably doesn't write the contracts for fighters. He hasn't practiced law in a very long time from what I've read. He may have dictated the terms he wanted in the contract, but Bradley AGREED. EXPLICITLY. I don't think it's a result of lack of education or smarts, it's basic business. You have a document that's important to your career and worth (potentially) millions of dollars, you have someone read it AT LEAST ONCE. I'm saying that someone, even of your intellect, could probably read a contract and see what's wrong with it or if you have the terms your want incorporated.

It's really entirely Bradley's fault. I don't think it's a lack of education or ignorance or experience. He's been in major fights for a while now. He's got the experience. He's aware of what he's doing. It's not an "oversight" or "loophole." It was on a piece of paper he signed. If he didn't understand what it said, he could have had someone who did read it many times.

Of course there's smart people in boxing. My point was that, part of the corruption is because there are MANY NOT SO SMART people in boxing. Because again -- there's few requirements to break into the business, similar to music. In fields, where there the educational level is balanced, and there's not so much ignorance, shadiness is much harder to find. Everyone will catch one another a lot more on their B.S.

Whether Arum wrote the contract or not is not the point. But I disagree, it is due to a lack of education that the 'loophole' was not caught. Bradley has been in big fights before, yes. But he was not a 'school boy'. He's not a suit and tie businessman. He's a professional boxer. He will easily miss things, and proved this already.

Now imagine if he read the contract and his prior contracts specifically said the same thing and they still used VADA. He would assume again the result would be using VADA. How his team didn't catch that is crazy. A person more educated with contracts and/or business paperwork, like an Al Haymon, would have most likely caught that little detail. It's just an example of how shadiness or corruption happens and stays active.

If a contract says in big wording that needs a dictionary, but translates to all your money will go to the promoters pockets, that is shady even though it's right there in the contract. Even though the fighter and his team signs off on it, that is still shady because they were under the impression they were going to get money, not get nothing! It's just they weren't as educated and/or experienced enough to catch the nonsense in the contract. Legal scamming.

Comment

I saw him 2 times at the Ghost fight and then I saw him again at the Floyd fight. He's the only one who never gives me a pic but he has aknowledged me before....lol

Comment

No need to be in the spotlight, stay behind the scenes and make a TON OF MONEY!

Comment

Of course there's smart people in boxing. My point was that, part of the corruption is because there are MANY NOT SO SMART people in boxing. Because again -- there's few requirements to break into the business, similar to music. In fields, where there the educational level is balanced, and there's not so much ignorance, shadiness is much harder to find. Everyone will catch one another a lot more on their B.S.

Whether Arum wrote the contract or not is not the point. But I disagree, it is due to a lack of education that the 'loophole' was not caught. Bradley has been in big fights before, yes. But he was not a 'school boy'. He's not a suit and tie businessman. He's a professional boxer. He will easily miss things, and proved this already.

Now imagine if he read the contract and his prior contracts specifically said the same thing and they still used VADA. He would assume again the result would be using VADA. How his team didn't catch that is crazy. A person more educated with contracts and/or business paperwork, like an Al Haymon, would have most likely caught that little detail. It's just an example of how shadiness or corruption happens and stays active.

If a contract says in big wording that needs a dictionary, but translates to all your money will go to the promoters pockets, that is shady even though it's right there in the contract. Even though the fighter and his team signs off on it, that is still shady because they were under the impression they were going to get money, not get nothing! It's just they weren't as educated and/or experienced enough to catch the nonsense in the contract. Legal scamming.
                      Fair enough.

I don't think it's scamming, but to each his own. Somebody needs to teach someone on his squad to learn how to read. lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X