No announcement yet.

Edwin Rodriguez gets $1 million dollar purse for Ward fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    Wow...that's a big purse for a guy I don't even know.
    I was thinking the same. I guess its top dollar being on HBO.

Comment

Wow. I don't think he's worth that much, but ehh.. I'm just glad that Ward is getting back in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Yes he's been on FNF. Obviosly it's a step down for Ward being this is his comeback fight. It's a decent fight though as Rodriguez is a top ten guy and undefeated. No one else really to fight at 168 anyways.
        Ward needs to move up or down in weight or his career is going to stall even more.

Comment

Ward needs to move up or down in weight or his career is going to stall even more.
          I agree he needs to move up unless he can get a Chavez fight. He needs a come back fight first though.

Comment

I hope more for his own sake he put's up a good performance in a fight i don't give him much chance in, because there are not many fight's out there in which he can earn this sort of money at this stage of his career.

A good performance (Even in a loss) could still give him good options after, in which HBO could stick with him. I just hope the money doesn't get to his head in which he thinks he deserves this sort of money in future fights.

Good luck Edwin.

Comment

Why? If Ward is comfortable at 168 then he should stay there. Hagler and others have done fine staying in one division. I personally like that approach instead of this fashionable weight jumping and cherrypicking.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Why? If Ward is comfortable at 168 then he should stay there. Hagler and others have done fine staying in one division. I personally like that approach instead of this fashionable weight jumping and cherrypicking.
                That's his choice...but I think his career will suffer. The 168 division sucks.

Comment

168 is deeper than 175, but 175 would be better for Wards career/legacy.

He'd beat anybody up there, i'm not sure why he doesn't want it.

Comment

Really? Its one of the Best in the sport! Miles better than 175 where Ward already outclassed the divisions Best. For Ward there's still plenty of money to be made at 168 and new talent is emerging to replace the old guard.

Comment

to all the jokers who thought rodriguez should take the initial offer:

this is why you don't take the first offer. an extra 200K can buy you a house.

Comment

Working...
                      X