Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
      Fury could use the exposure vs a name, even in a loss
      don't believe he'd just throw that away instead of postponement
      if he moves onward, dumb move, he can't get a higher profile fight
      depends on just how long Haye needs to heal his cut eye
      picked Haye but thought Fury had a chance, so the holdup sucks
      who else would Fury fight now?
      he's not getting a title shot just yet
      He had 5-10% of beating Haye anyway. Losing to Haye would put him in level just above Chisora.

He should chase Pulev. That's the fight he can realistically win. If he does it, next fight is Wlad.

Comment

This is awful news. I was looking forward to this matchup. Fury has other options but I believe they will reschedule this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by James_Toney View Post
          peter fury aint got no say....

it's between the promoters and sky..... too much money to lose for all parties.
          The fight would've been contracted for next saturday and Fury is a 'Channel 5' fighter, so I think fair play to Peter Fury for doing the right thing.

Haye has been sparring massive guys up to a week before the fight, thats madness!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok
            Manuel Charr is looking for an opponent right now. Fury could stay busy with Charr, and look for a big fight a couple of months down the road.
            I would be quite happy for Fury to take on Charr or Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              They just got a fan in me. Massive respect to Peter!! Did absolutely the right thing. Money is not everything. Fury is 25 and improving, he'll earn enough without Haye.
              Oh, come on man. You honestly want to see Fury fighting nobodies again? It's a legitimate injury; why is everyone b1tching?

I don't like Haye, but this was going to be one hell of a fight. Team Fury knew they were in deep. It's a good escape for them to pull the fight.

Comment

No point rescheduling the fight as the PPV would now bomb. People won't get burned again with this clown.

If you remember in the first place Haye was the reason Sky had to stop doing PPV after his joke with Fraudley.

Sky will be livid and i wouldn't be surprised if they blacklist Haye.

Comment

Not sure why everyone is shitting on Haye so much. This is boxing, injuries like his happen.

Comment

the minute I woke up and saw the news I said the fight will never happen now. So with peter Fury saying this it only deepens my thoughts and I stand by it this fight will not happen any time soon anyway to bad would have been fun to watch and equally as fun to see the weigh ins and post fight regardless of who won the fight

Comment

I think people are just annoyed at Haye still hard sparring a week before the fight.

If it was gentle sparring i'm sure he wouldn't have got the cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X