No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins Praises Garcia, Says Matthysse Had No Plan B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins Praises Garcia, Says Matthysse Had No Plan B

BoxingScene.com caught up with future Hall of Famer Bernard Hopkins this past Saturday shortly after Danny Garcia's unanimous decision victory over Lucas Matthysse at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Garcia was a 3-1 underdog going into the fight but Hopkins wasn't surprised by his fellow Philadelphian's performance.

Hopkins said that with all due respect to Floyd Mayweather's masterful performance against Canelo Alvarez, the real fight of the night was Garcia-Matthysse. He was especially impressed by the way that Garcia dominated the late rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Too bad for that closed eye...Felt Matthysse had the fight going his way til he gave up 3 rds adjusting for that eye and adjusted well down the stretch...but Danny does him and just wins

Comment

Originally posted by PeterNeversoft View Post
      Too bad for that closed eye...Felt Matthysse had the fight going his way til he gave up 3 rds adjusting for that eye and adjusted well down the stretch...but Danny does him and just wins
      LOL, Danny did that and broke the bone too. No luck involved.

Comment

Lucas "Endless Excuses" Maythysse

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
          Lucas has not made one excuse himself. And plus the poster above is not really making an excuse either, he's just stating the truth. I thought Lucas was handling business after 6 rounds, but props to Danny for busting his the eye, which inevitably swung the fight into his favour.

A rematch would be interesting but I don't think team Garcia will be looking to fight him again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
            Lucas made no excuses, it's only his stans. I wish they had class like he did and congratulate the champ for his performance instead of trying to find ways to degrade it.

Comment

That's what happens when you're fighting a guy with Danny's punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                Lucas has not made one excuse himself. And plus the poster above is not really making an excuse either, he's just stating the truth. I thought Lucas was handling business after 6 rounds, but props to Danny for busting his the eye, which inevitably swung the fight into his favour.

A rematch would be interesting but I don't think team Garcia will be looking to fight him again.
                Matthysse hasn't made any excuses but all of his fans are for sure. Prior, they were not giving Garcia a shot to win at all and once Danny beat Matthysse, here they come with all of these excuses like "if it wasn't for the eye" If it wasn't for the eye then it would be something else because Garcia held it down. He made the eye like that. It just didn't happen out the blue to swing the fight in his favor. He fought hard to make that eye swell. It just kills me when Matthysse fans act like he can't lose and would not have because of his eye getting puffed up. Like Bernard Hopkins said. Matthysse did not have a plan B while Garcia did.

He took Matthysse punch from him and beat him. Matthysse power was not relevant because Garcia held his own when he got hit. Matthysse fought hard but he lost to the better fighter. Point blank. Team Garcia have bigger fish to fry. Why would they rematch Matthysse right away when they beat him convincingly? Garcia is the king of the 140 division. Matthysse has some rebuilding to do. Garcia has nothing left to prove between them. If it does happen down the line, remember I said Garcia gets him out of there this time.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post

He'll claim he was robbed just like he does with Devon and Zab. I think a rematch will happen but team Garcia needs to focus on preparing Danny for a Floyd shot.

Comment

It's not like a fighter can plan in advance for a swollen eye. Matthysse's plan in this fight is the same as the others: beat his opponent senseless and stop them. Garcia did everything he could to make sure that didn't happen, and got the victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X