Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Canelo benefit from being trained by Floyd Sr like De La Hoya did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Canelo benefit from being trained by Floyd Sr like De La Hoya did?

All in the title really.. Do you think Floyd Sr could improve Canelo in the same way he seemed to improve De La Hoya? Or maybe another trainer?

i think alvarez already has the tools. he definitely would benefit from being trained by mayweather sr. but i don't think its necessary. alvarez just needs more big fights to learn how to think in the midst of the actual fight. physically he's there.

Comment

I think he'd benefit from being trained by Beristain. He's not really a long fighter however his physical build and some of his attributes as a fighter reminds me of a larger Marquez.

Comment

No because a worn out, old Oscar was a better fighter than Canelo was. It is why Floyd took the fight with Canelo because he knew this.

Comment

Canelo is extremely skillful for his age and lot of credit has to go to the trainer who built him from the ground up. Changing trainers would be a terrible idea.

Comment

That language gap would kill him, Nacho is a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
              No because a worn out, old Oscar was a better fighter than Canelo was. It is why Floyd took the fight with Canelo because he knew this.
              Still haven't gotten over the fight eh?

I'd say give it time but judging how butt hurt posters get you'll probably be crying forever

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Still haven't gotten over the fight eh?

I'd say give it time but judging how butt hurt posters get you'll probably be crying forever
                Try not to be so sensitive Derr. Some people have higher expectations than you when it comes to Mayweather and his opponents.

Comment

no but i do think he could benefit from the likes of nacho

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                    an old ass experience oscar give canelo credit where credit is due he was competitive for first half fight obviously being edged on rounds but the guy is going to be a great fighter down the road floyd beating him does not change that. Its almost like instead people giving floyd credit they just bash his opponent

Comment

Working...
                    X