Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Matthysse vs. Garcia a let down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The intensity and tension was so thick you could feel it the whole fight. It was boxing's equivalent of watching a guy disarm a bomb.

The only people let down were LM fans who spent three months on BoxingScene telling us how unbeatable and God like LM was. "When Lucas fights how does it make you feel?". Vomit inducing hype. These people wpuldnt listen to reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
      People now are saying that Lucas can be outboxed and that Matthysse is a brawler and Garcia is a boxer. I don't think is that simple. Lucas does great against boxers and to me, he is not easy to outbox. Danny is not just a boxer, he probably is the hardest counter puncher out there. He is smart, he bangs and then clinch. I don't think people like brawlers or boxers, it doesn't work that way. It's more subjective. I follow fighters with different styles. Maybe if it wasn't for Angel Garcia more people were rooting for Danny.
      The fight was brutal. Two prime heavy handed champions throwing bombs for twelve round. What else you want?
      I totally agree bro..This is a very good post..

Comment

Originally posted by Em1 View Post
        The intensity and tension was so thick you could feel it the whole fight. It was boxing's equivalent of watching a guy disarm a bomb.

The only people let down were LM fans who spent three months on BoxingScene telling us how unbeatable and God like LM was. "When Lucas fights how does it make you feel?". Vomit inducing hype. These people wpuldnt listen to reason.
        Lmao. Hilarious!

Comment

let down? hell no, it was better than i expected.

both fighters showed more skill than i thought they were capable of and they gave us 12 good rounds of evenly matched boxing.

only ppl let down are die hard matthysse fans simply because he lost and fake boxing fans who are only interested in sheer violence with no appreciation for the art of pugilism.

Comment

Garcia did hold a lot. Honestly? I liked the fight a lot, but I thought it would pop off much more.

Garcia's excessive holding and low blows, kinda soured the fight. But, Garcia did win the fight, Lucas couldn't see out of that eye, because of Garcia. And Garcia did start to throw more combos.

I actually want an immediate rematch, not because I want Lucas to win. I don't care who wins, in this case. I just want to see the most exciting matchups. And at 140, lucas garcia rematch is the most exciting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Matthysse imo just can't fight inside, and Danny can, and that was the biggest difference with me when I mentioned their style
              Of course he couldn't fight inside because he was being held anytime he tried.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                let down? hell no, it was better than i expected.

both fighters showed more skill than i thought they were capable of and they gave us 12 good rounds of evenly matched boxing.

only ppl let down are die hard matthysse fans simply because he lost and fake boxing fans who are only interested in sheer violence with no appreciation for the art of pugilism.
                Another top post..

Comment

Silly question to me....I thought the fight was fantastic...especially seeing how Danny proved so many people wrong. Thoroughly enjoyed the fight.

Comment

not sure how anyone thought it was let down. Perhaps it's time to go watch toughman or UFC if you didn't thoroughly enjoy this fight

Comment

it became a letdown after Danny thumbed Lucas

Comment

Working...
                      X