No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto works on the heavy bag under Freddie Roach supervision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto works on the heavy bag under Freddie Roach supervision

Looks to be in shape. I actually LOVED the combo of Pedro Diaz with Cotto but I get the feeling that Cotto tends to blame the trainers when something doesn't go right.

Cotto looked great vs Mayweahter. Rigondeaux did great vs Donaire...Pedro Diaz is doing something right.

Comment

Love how Roach is telling him to drive that left hook. Drive through the punch, then move. Under Diaz at times, Miguel would be moving while he threw his punches, something that I think led to that terrible looping left hook he kept throwing against Trout. He does need to move, but it negated his power, an asset he needs to use. He's not going to be a boxer-mover, it's not how he's built and it's not when he's most effective.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        Love how Roach is telling him to drive that left hook. Drive through the punch, then move
        Yeah he wants his fighters to punch through the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Yeah he wants his fighters to punch through the target.
          Something Cotto hasn't been doing so well lately, at least to my eyes. A lot of arm punches against Trout, something he's never really done, at least not that badly.

Comment

no explosiveness at all. cotto's done

Comment

Cotto looked terrible against Trout. I hope he gets his focus back!

Comment

Look at pot belly and flab on his hips , Roach is lying saying he is 149 here , I cant wait to see what Cotto weighs in at , I bet its close to 153 without the pot belly .

Comment

Cotto is done, he looks really bad here, not crisp, no explosivness, tell tell signs of a done fighter

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                    Cotto is done, he looks really bad here, not crisp, no explosivness, tell tell signs of a done fighter
                    that's exactly what I said. He looks extremely slow it's worrisome I can't imagine him beating any top contenders anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X