Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the hype Maidana got after he KO Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    I like how fans of unskilled brawlers are always bashing master boxers.

GGG is the next to be exposed, preferably by the hands of Sergio, Ward, Bhop or Peter Quillin
    I think it's hilarious that you mention Golovkin in the same breath that you mention "unskilled brawlers" as if Golovkin is nothing more than a one punch KO artist. In reality, he's a highly decorated olympian with an outstanding amateur record and who relies on accuracy much more than power to wear fighters down.

Who do you have in Golovkin/Stevens? Want to bet on it?

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      I think it's hilarious that you mention Golovkin in the same breath that you mention "unskilled brawlers" as if Golovkin is nothing more than a one punch KO artist. In reality, he's a highly decorated olympian with an outstanding amateur record and who relies on accuracy much more than power to wear fighters down.

Who do you have in Golovkin/Stevens? Want to bet on it?
      I don't think he is an unskilled brawler I just was saying how fans of them hate boxers for some reason.

I think GGG will stop him most likely

Comment

Yeah, how dare us want decisive ends to fights and exciting knockouts when we could easily have 100+ clinches, headbutts galore, and a combined total of 400 punches thrown.

@ these 'tards.
        So are you saying guys like Floyd don't produce decisive ends? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          So are you saying guys like Floyd don't produce decisive ends? Lol
          It's decisive. It's just not that exciting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of guys like Matthysse and Golovkin, but I also dig guys like Whitaker, Walcott, and Hopkins, historically.

That said, I'll take a knockout over a shutout decision any day of the week and I really don't see how you could argue that a decision is anywhere near as emphatic. Even a shutout.

Knockouts in boxing are like dunks in the NBA or home-runs in MLB. Meaning that they're exactly what fans want to see. I take serious offense to this ridiculous notion peddled by Floyd fans as of late that you can't be a fan of boxing if you don't appreciate the "sweet science."

Plenty of guys had a **** ton of natural skill but also went for the knockout because they knew that it pleased the audience. Duran and Robinson immediately spring to mind, and they're top 10 all time material regardless of who is writing the list, so I think they know a bit more about boxing than the average Mayweather d*ckrider.

Comment

I like how fans of unskilled brawlers are always bashing master boxers.

GGG is the next to be exposed, preferably by the hands of Sergio, Ward, Bhop or Peter Quillin
            And I like how all these master boxer fans wanna call someone who uses his god given skills to hurt people an unskilled boxer. Rather then sit in a fuking shell and throw 30 punches a round and those punches are mostly jabs oh yeah so exciting. Go watch a fencing match because that's what most of your so called master boxers produce in the ring. A fuking fencing match!!!!!

Comment

It's decisive. It's just not that exciting.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of guys like Matthysse and Golovkin, but I also dig guys like Whitaker, Walcott, and Hopkins, historically.

That said, I'll take a knockout over a shutout decision any day of the week and I really don't see how you could argue that a decision is anywhere near as emphatic. Even a shutout.

Knockouts in boxing are like dunks in the NBA or home-runs in MLB. Meaning that they're exactly what fans want to see. I take serious offense to this ridiculous notion peddled by Floyd fans as of late that you can't be a fan of boxing if you don't appreciate the "sweet science."

Plenty of guys had a **** ton of natural skill but also went for the knockout because they knew that it pleased the audience. Duran and Robinson immediately spring to mind, and they're top 10 all time material regardless of who is writing the list, so I think they know a bit more about boxing than the average Mayweather d*ckrider.
              100% on the money these fuking Mongofloyd fans what the fuk do they know about boxing history. They follow Floyd, Brohner, and maybe Andre Ward Maybe, and lets call them what they are! front runner fans that's all they are!!! I am almost certain that every Floyd tard is a Yankees fan, this year they are raven fans, Miami Heat fans, and fans of whoever won the fuking Stanley cup. It's oh so easy to cheer for a sure thing. and they call themselves boxing fans!

Comment

The point of this thread is not about what fighting style one prefers. I don't give a damn about what style a fan likes. If you refer to he OP, I'm saying that people over hype punchers and power alone will only take a fighter so far.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  And I like how all these master boxer fans wanna call someone who uses his god given skills to hurt people an unskilled boxer. Rather then sit in a fuking shell and throw 30 punches a round and those punches are mostly jabs oh yeah so exciting. Go watch a fencing match because that's what most of your so called master boxers produce in the ring. A fuking fencing match!!!!!
                  Well look what to those when their god given skills to hurt people fail?
                  Mayweather Canelo and Garcia Matthysse just happened lol

Comment

Unlike other power punchers, GGG has never fought at a world class level fighting any former world champs except for Ouma lol but that guy was a JMW. GGG is a bum for all I know.

Comment

Well look what to those when their god given skills to hurt people fail?
                      Mayweather Canelo and Garcia Matthysse just happened lol
                      And that's exactly what im talking about!!! you are a front runner fan and Danny Garcia is far from a master boxer. Hes a boxer puncher who tries to hurt people as much as he boxes and Im fine with that. But again all you do is cheer for the sure thing. I like my fighters who take risks who want to finish you have fun cheering for the flavor of the month slick boxer who loses once and that's it. They don't take enough risks to ever recover from a loss and you of course will just pretend like you never liked them. I see your kind on these message boards all the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X