Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather is so influential why can't he control who judges his fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Why isn't he going after CJ? Well he probably looked at how Pac behaved when he was robbed by 3 judges. With dignity.

If Pac can be robbed I don't see how Floyd cant be? He got a gift decision against Castillo, so this is in some way a payback. And should be thankful Floyd at least got a draw cos it could have been worse. CJ could have said Canelo won.
    12,13 years later and you still can't let that go?

Comment

Ross had at least 1 judge agree with her in 10 of 12 rounds. Only the 1st and 8th rounds she was alone on her score.

Moretti had at least 1 judge agree with him in all 12 rounds.

Metcalfe had at least 1 judge agree with him in 7 of 12 rounds.

Strange judging anomaly here. If you take the "average score" per judge per round, the fight is scored 116-112 Floyd.

Would this kind of system of combining judges scores prevent similar issues from coming up in the future?

Could this come back and give the decision to the wrong boxer if ONE score is averaged out from the 3 judges and turned in??

I'm going to watch rounds 8-12 again when I get home. I actually stopped keeping an official tab after 8 because I had it 7-1. I'll actually watch more closely and score them, and see if it makes this scoring debacle make any more sense to me.
      Last edited by RlCKY; 09-17-2013, 02:52 PM.

Comment

For all we know, he could have been in on it from the start. Remember, he's a promoter now, so he's involved in all the dirty business of boxing. There's good reason for him to sign off on giving Alvarez a little help when it comes to marketability too. He needs to maintain a good relationship with GBP because he'll never have a good one with Top Rank.

But that's just a theory. We'll never know who paid CJ to score that fight a draw (there's no way in hell she actually believes it was).

Comment

He already has influence with you making a thread like this !!

You missed the "autumn of boxing" article, didn't you ?

This type of media is what formulates the Judges scorecard and give them their money !

For example, but in a good way, Can you think about a judge who gave a close round against post-Foreman version of Ali ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            12,13 years later and you still can't let that go?

After 100 years, it is still the same fact, Mayweather lost that fight and it was a blatant robbery , he was the only one to have a rematch in Mayweather's resume for a reason, not to beat him more convincingly for sure, but to remove the stigma as soon as possible

Comment

Dude has the biggest target on his back in the sport

Comment

I guarantee if she is not ousted from judging that CJ Ross will not judge another Mayweather fight .

Comment

Working...
                X