Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a Prime Antonio Margarito (05-09) beat a past prime Mayweather at 37 years old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
    some of these responses are disgusting lol

This is like pre Matthyse- Garcia all over again.

I wish we were back to 2006 and Floyd had the balls to take this fight so I could make more money.
    You are just the kind of guy I like to bet with. If this fight would have happened, I would have dared you to put the deed of your house on the line. The keys to your car, your next 3 pay checks. Something for you to lose that would remind you of the decision you made for picking Margarito over a Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      this is always my Mayweather dilema. Ive always said that I think Floyd's team maybe ducked Margarito but it was strictly a size thing. They fully believed that Margarito was inferior to Floyd and they wouldve never forgiven themselves if Floyd lost to him strictly because he was too big & strong.

Fast forward to right now at 37 and I think Floyd kills him. Not only does Floyd kill him but there would be not one single ounce of hesitation in his camp about taking the fight because even though he's still small, he has much more grown into WW. He's way way way stronger and more accustomed to the weight than back then.

Margarito wouldve given Floyd alot of problems back then. Even if Floyd won, he woiuldve done it in a Baldy type way where everyone wouldve ripped him for running. Now he wouldnt run at all. He would stand in the pocket and let Margarito swing all those wide shots. He would never land clean. Meanwhile Floyd wouldve been snapping his head back all night. It wouldve been Gatti like.

I think the fight wouldve pretty much been just like Margarito-Shane except for Magarito not landing at all on Floyd. A total whitewash. Still, it goes back to what Ive always said. As great as Floyd is, we as fans were robbed because we never ever got to see the best version of him. He moved up mad fast through the weights to chase the big money Oscar fight. If Oscar were a LW then Floyd wouldve taken years to move up.

Therefore, either Floyd was in his prime years athleticaly but undersized physically or he's perfect size & strength now but past his prime. The best thing wouldve been for Floyd to have like 8 fights at LW instead of 4 and then go to 140 and have like 8 fights instead of 3 while just recently going to WW. Everyone wouldve looked at him differntly. He wouldve put on some crazy performances at those weights while in his prime. Legendary type stuff where he wouldve looked like the best ever
      I read your first paragraph and just had to stop, they are in the same weight class there is no excuse of that fight not to happen.

Comment

Prime Margarito (plaster). I got Margs losing to everyone without his plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          That's what you said about Matthysse. Nobody will never ever respect your boxing opinion after that ish you talked about that clown Matthysse. Matthysse got his ass beat by Danny, lmao.

Big props to Danny, he beat Matthysse fair and square, he didn't need no PU55Y ASS catchweight..

According to Floyd Mayweather and Leonard Ellerbe Canelo's still an undefeated fighter cuz he lost at a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
            Big props to Danny, he beat Matthysse fair and square, he didn't need no PU55Y ASS catchweight..

According to Floyd Mayweather and Leonard Ellerbe Canelo's still an undefeated fighter cuz he lost at a catchweight
            Danny beat Matthysses ass, lmao and you didn't think that it could happen lol... No, Imean he lumped him up AND put him down too. Don't ever blow up another bum like that again.
            Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 09-17-2013, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I think it would be a helluva fight. It would test Floyd stamina, for sure. I still think that had the goods to be a fight of the year candidate had that happened

Comment

We will never know... Just like we won't know how he would of done
                Against prime PAC, Williams, Margarito, prime ODH, Cotto, Mosley ect. Thou they were all in the same era & any of those could have been made, but we all know what Floyd did instead. Sadly he gets rated so high on this site.

Comment

All i know is Floyds record at 154 alone is 3-0 while Margos is 1-3

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
                    We will never know... Just like we won't know how he would of done
                    Against prime PAC, Williams, Margarito, prime ODH, Cotto, Mosley ect. Thou they were all in the same era & any of those could have been made, but we all know what Floyd did instead. Sadly he gets rated so high on this site.
                    You clowns can stick with the "we will never know" crap until you die, but without the plaster, Margarito was a bum.

A grade "A" top of the line bum who more than likely cheated in the past to get wins by using plaster. No plaster, no wins. I still can't believe that this clown is mentioned in the same breath as Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                      I think it would be a helluva fight. It would test Floyd stamina, for sure. I still think that had the goods to be a fight of the year candidate had that happened
                      With or without plaster because Shane, Pac, and Cotto beat his ass when he was not allowed to use plaster. It'll come out one day watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X