Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once and for all who was the better fighter in his Prime Roy or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're both great fighters. Mayweather is a great boxer and athlete. Roy is a great athlete and a good boxer. Watching both of them I always thought one of them was always one solid shot away from a KO. Unfortunately it happened to Roy. It's hard to determine when Mayweather's prime was because he is still going strong so that makes him the better fighter IMO.

Comment

If floyd cared at all about legacy he would try to make the fight with martinez at 160. He would become lineal MW champ if he beats him, which at this point, I am very confident he would, but floyd wont do it.

there is no doubt in my mind Floyd can defeat Sergio after watching him shutdown canelo for 12 rounds. not one significant head shot landed by canelo only jabs.

I think the Sergio fight at a 155-157 catchweight would be more even considering Sergio would rehydrate maybe ten pounds not 15 like the other middleweights. the only reason this fight cant be made is HBO right now and we also need to see how Sergio looks in his next fight.

fight night Sergio 167 Floyd 150 that would push Floyd to the limit of his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura storm View Post
        roy is tainted by that positive test.
        then Floyd is tainted because he admitted to not being 100% ALL NATURAL in his fights and taking drugs on fight night. I guess you hate Floyd now, right?

Comment

Speed will kill Floyd. Roy Jr had insane speed and had better power than Floyd. Floyd would have a harder time countering someone as fast as Roy and as accurate as Roy.

Comment

rjj all the way

Comment

Anyone who says Floyd was better is simply ignorant about the sport of boxing

Anyone who says its even close should do some research

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
                there is no doubt in my mind Floyd can defeat Sergio after watching him shutdown canelo for 12 rounds. not one significant head shot landed by canelo only jabs.

I think the Sergio fight at a 155-157 catchweight would be more even considering Sergio would rehydrate maybe ten pounds not 15 like the other middleweights. the only reason this fight cant be made is HBO right now and we also need to see how Sergio looks in his next fight.

fight night Sergio 167 Floyd 150 that would push Floyd to the limit of his abilities.
                I agree that he'd beat Sergio, especially now, but the Alvarez fight shouldn't have told you that. There aren't any similarities between Alvarez and Sergio. The size shouldn't have mattered either, Victor Ortiz was the same size as Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Anyone who says Floyd was better is simply ignorant about the sport of boxing

Anyone who says its even close should do some research
                  This. Floyd has been very good for about 17 years. Roy was great for 15 years. Floyd has Roy in longevity but not in dominance. At the end of the day, Roy was the more unbeatable fighter. Noone could test him at all until he hit the age of 35. Thats pretty old. Props to Floyd for still doing it, but Roy was a monster.

Comment

How Roy went out is why Floyd fought the way he did, Jones was great but he relied to much on his athleticism.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr is the greatest fighter to ever lace on a pair of gloves. At his prime when he was at 168 there isn't a single fighter in the history of the sport I would put above him. NO ONE.

Comment

Working...
                      X