No announcement yet.

Once and for all who was the better fighter in his Prime Roy or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    That is a tough call, I will take Floyd because I think he does more in the ring and I like his versatility but Roy just came in and laid his nuts on the table and was like deal with this and no one could until he slowed down.

Either way you can't really go wrong
    I agree with this with the note that roy's in ring IQ is under rated because its over shadowed greatly by his athletic gifts. He set traps, boxed and moved, and showed a mastery of skills.

Comment

Mayweather easy!

Roy had a good run of being juiced up and making everybody look terrible with his rooster fighting style, but after people figured out he didn't have much of an inside game or chin, they just walked him down and got the knockout.

Floyd has adaptability and nobody has figured out a style that beats him.

Comment

Unquestionably the 2 greatest fighters of my lifetime IMO. No need to knock one to lift the other up. I'd go with Roy. More dominate. James Toney and Bernard Hopkins are better than anybody Floyd has fought and Roy beat them easy.

Comment

Roy has a W next to "Lights Out"...........You're only as good as the fighters you beat, and has another W next to "some guy" who went by the name, Bernard Hopkins.

no contest, but Floyds career isn't over.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            prime roy is and will always be better than floyd

athletically and technically

maybe not skill wise though, floyds very complete
            p4p roy murks him though
            what's the difference between skill and technicality?

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              Roy has a W next to "Lights Out"...........You're only as good as the fighters you beat, and has another W next to "some guy" who went by the name, Bernard Hopkins.

no contest, but Floyds career isn't over.
              Montell has two wins over Toney. Tiberi should have one.

Comment

I'm not sure why it's the consensus that Roy has a better resume. He doesn't. Floyd has been on top longer, beaten more pfp fighters, and been on top in more weight classes. Roy also had a habit of fighting embarrassing opposition. With the exception of a few guys at 140, Floyd has pretty much always fought top guys.

James Toney was always a very beatable fighter (cement feet) and Hopkins wouldn't peak for years. Both very good wins, but nothing above the caliber of Floyd's best wins.

With that said, I do think Roy on his best day was more unbeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER HANDS View Post
                  Mayweather easy!

Roy had a good run of being juiced up and making everybody look terrible with his rooster fighting style, but after people figured out he didn't have much of an inside game or chin, they just walked him down and got the knockout.

Floyd has adaptability and nobody has figured out a style that beats him.
                  You don't have a clue. Your to young and your answer shows. Nobody figured Roy out. His age caught up with him. 15 years of dominance from 160 to heavyweight is untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                    I'm not sure why it's the consensus that Roy has a better resume. He doesn't. Floyd has been on top longer, beaten more pfp fighters, and been on top in more weight classes. Roy also had a habit of fighting embarrassing opposition. With the exception of a few guys at 140, Floyd has pretty much always fought top guys.

James Toney was always a very beatable fighter (cement feet) and Hopkins wouldn't peak for years. Both very good wins, but nothing above the caliber of Floyd's best wins.

With that said, I do think Roy on his best day was more unbeatable.
                    They were both unbeatable till Roy beat them bro. Bhop was 28 and in his physical prime. You think because he beat Tito he was in his prime then. hahahah, your lacking knowledge with this.

Comment

This is soooo hard for me to answer

Comment

Working...
                      X