Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Alvarez: Real History & Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK maybe I am a little beat hush on Manny. What frustrates me is him fight a light weight. Like Floyd, he did earned his right to set conditions for big fights

Comment

Just a small correction under current/former champions Canelo has faced you have Austin Trout UD6 should be UD12.

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
        Good Point but Azumah Nelson wasn't fighting fighters one and two weight classes below his weight class either. There are doubts he can fight when you beat the level of competition he has.
        He was fighting unheard of guys prior and his biggest win was a Commonwealth title , the point is he could really fight in spite of his age and resume , don't get all hooked up over weight classes in a fighters " early " career , they often bring older experienced guys from smaller divisions to school young prospects without them being able to hurt the prospect , Canelo stepped up a notch last fight and proved he can handle top class big guys , Floyd is a great little guy .

Because of size youth etc , Canelo is in the fight that's all Im saying , I don't think it wise to sleep on him .

Comment

i was in a boxing tournament last night here in East London( South African). Poeple can't stop talking about this fight. The atmosphere is electric gents in my corner of the world, everyone is talking ab out this fight.........we love boxing here and we have produced champions like Welcome Ncita, Vuyani Bungu, Mbulelo Botile and Nkosinathi Joyi to name a few. I know i a beat out of the topic but sometimes what I see in the world in terms of facilities and what we produce I feel some would the boxing world a favor to come and look for talent in East London (S.A.).

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            He was fighting unheard of guys prior and his biggest win was a Commonwealth title , the point is he could really fight in spite of his age and resume , don't get all hooked up over weight classes in a fighters " early " career , they often bring older experienced guys from smaller divisions to school young prospects without them being able to hurt the prospect , Canelo stepped up a notch last fight and proved he can handle top class big guys , Floyd is a great little guy .

Because of size youth etc , Canelo is in the fight that's all Im saying , I don't think it wise to sleep on him .
            I can agree with that. I definitely don't sleep on Canelo because one thing he does do well is put combinations together. I just think maybe he should have fought a Erislandy Lara type fighter instead of Trout to better prepare for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
              I can agree with that. I definitely don't sleep on Canelo because one thing he does do well is put combinations together. I just think maybe he should have fought a Erislandy Lara type fighter instead of Trout to better prepare for this fight.
              Yep probably would have gave him more experience , but your never really ready for Floyd and opportunity comes when it does , I think Floyd will win but it wont be a cakewalk , if they were the same size on fight night Canelo wouldn't have a chance .

Comment

Resume isn't everything. Ali's resume wasn't up to much when he fought Liston and he looked very beatable in several fights leading up to it. Floyd = favorite but don't belittle/discount canelo. I think it could be one of the toughest fights of floyd's career. Size, power and youth all on Canelo's side. canelo has a real chance in this, we all know who the fav is but discount Canelo at your peril.

Comment

Good read. Mayweather takes all his fights serious and is always in great shape. as well as alverez. I am hyped. Floyd in 10

Comment

Nice article but I still think that there gonna be an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGunslinger View Post
                      Just a small correction under current/former champions Canelo has faced you have Austin Trout UD6 should be UD12.
                      Thnaks. Being fixed...damn typos.

Comment

Working...
                      X