Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez: Andre Ward Needs Me More Than I Need Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rodriguez: Andre Ward Needs Me More Than I Need Him!

Super middleweight contender Edwin Rodriguez (24-0, 16KOs) told BoxingScene.com that he refuses to accept what he believes is an unfair offer for a potential fall fight with WBA super middleweight champion Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs).

Rodriguez beieves Ward's back is against the wall in terms of options. HBO has rejected several potenial opponents that were presented by Ward's handlers. Rodriguez is coming off his biggest payday, which took place in Monte Carlo in July. He picked up $600,000 in a four man tournament, after knocking out Denis Grachev in the first round. [Click Here To Read More]

Lmao at everybody playing the "He cant draw flies to shit card, so he better come to terms or **** himself" card hahaahhahaa

It sucks for Ward but he is in a tough position!

Comment

ive never heard of this rodriguez guy. who is he?

Comment

What an unfortunate day and age where a young contender thumbs up his nose at a shot against the world champion.

Comment

Well that's funny, last I recall Ward was the champion.

Comment

He should've kept his mouth closed. Ward is going to be #1 in this division for a while. And when he's back on his feet, getting called out and all, and Rodrigues actually wants the fight; Ward will remember this. Most would jump at the chance to beat p4p #2, but this guy is something else

Comment

Why you guys think being the champ in this era means a flying fuck when negotiating money and terms for a fight? 90% of the time it does!

I agree its sad, but it is what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                ive never heard of this rodriguez guy. who is he?
                educate yourself
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040y5EU02W8

Comment

If Rodríguez really fancied his chances, he's have taken this opportunity. It can still happen though as Rodríguez clearly is playing hardball and he just might have a point in Ward running out of options.

Still I'd say the offer from Ward is ok.

Comment

He's right. Andre doesn't have a lot of options, and he's getting older every day.

Comment

Working...
                    X