Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with Angel Garcia about the Ring Magazine?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with Angel Garcia about the Ring Magazine?

How are they gonna have his son as the Ring Magazine Champion and they have the mandatory contender on the cover instead of the champ? I can see how that can be disrespectful. I understand his resentment towards other countries. The media seems to have more respect towards foreign fighters than American fighters. The ring magazine cover for September is proof of that. Matthysse is world class but he's not the champ. On paper he's only beaten two world class fighters like Soto and Peterson, but Garcia is the Ring Magazine champ, he's undefeated, he's American, and he's beaten more world champs than Matthysse.
    Last edited by tito_bandito; 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM.

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
    How are they gonna have his son as the Ring Magazine Champion and they have the mandatory contender on the cover instead of the champ? I can see how that can be disrespectful. I understand his resentment towards other countries. The media seems to have more respect towards foreign fighters than American fighters. The ring magazine cover for September is proof of that. Matthysse is world class but he's not the champ. On paper he's only beaten two world class fighters like Soto and Peterson, but Garcia is the Ring Magazine champ, he's undefeated, he's American, and he's beaten more world champs than Matthysse.
    Matthysse is the next pacquiao tho! Lol.

Comment

I agree with him too, not completely of course.

Its not pleasant to see the Champ disrespected like he is, even if he loses.
      But let it be a good fight and let the best man win

Comment

Matthysse is far more liked, even in America. It's pretty common sense stuff to put him up, especially when running a business of selling names and magazines.

Comment

I think that the whole "don't disrespect me brah" "respect me brah" is a lazy way for athletes to motivate themselves. But whatever works.

Fans shouldn't take it seriously. Who cares.

Comment

I definitely see where he's coming from. But I think this is yet another example that belts don't mean sh.it anymore.

Comment

Who gives a **** about Garcia and the two belts he won against guys coming off losses?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                I definitely see where he's coming from. But I think this is yet another example that belts don't mean sh.it anymore.
                true story.

Comment

Because Matthysse is The One

They even named the whole event after him

Comment

It's just a magazine cover, they can put whoever they want on there. It's not like they handed Matthysse the Ring title.

Comment

Working...
                    X