No announcement yet.

karl Dargan said Canelo didn't hurt him in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    43 fights, 30 KOs...69.7% ko rating. I wouldn't exactly call him feather-fisted. Look at that Lopez fight, he beat that kid to a pulp, and dropped him 3 or 4 times, mostly with body shots. He also had Mosley's face all swollen up but Mosley is a very hard guy to put on the canvas.

Maybe ODLH just pays 70% of his opponent's to take a dive....yeah, I'm sure that's what it is, Floyd will just walk through him with ease.
    He shows small guys at jr middleweight no mercy lol

Comment

43 fights, 30 KOs...69.7% ko rating. I wouldn't exactly call him feather-fisted. Look at that Lopez fight, he beat that kid to a pulp, and dropped him 3 or 4 times, mostly with body shots. He also had Mosley's face all swollen up but Mosley is a very hard guy to put on the canvas.

Maybe ODLH just pays 70% of his opponent's to take a dive....yeah, I'm sure that's what it is, Floyd will just walk through him with ease.
      he beat a 140 pounder to a pulp, wow what a surprise lol

Comment

Karl doesn't sound impressed with Alvarez. Maybe Karl is just that good

Comment

You have spar sessions that are controlled for one thing or another. Then you have "open sessions" which means bring it! If your getting ready to fight then you fight hard in the gym too!

Your spar partners try to give you the look of your opponent, and maye a few key moves that they utilize. The bottom line is your bringing what YOU do to him. Thats what its all about if you have that DO to bring hahahaha!!!

Amazing how many people here have such certan opinins but have never been in a gym to see what trainers& fighters actually do. Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            You have spar sessions that are controlled for one thing or another. Then you have "open sessions" which means bring it! If your getting ready to fight then you fight hard in the gym too!

Your spar partners try to give you the look of your opponent, and maye a few key moves that they utilize. The bottom line is your bringing what YOU do to him. Thats what its all about if you have that DO to bring hahahaha!!!

Amazing how many people here have such certan opinins but have never been in a gym to see what trainers& fighters actually do. Ray
            Well said Ray.........

I usually start my young fighters once I feel they are ready to spar, put them in what I call "technical or situation sparring".

Technical is a controlled sparring concentrating on one thing. Like defending the jab for example. Situation sparring being putting them in a specific situation, like fighting off the ropes, holding when in trouble, or fighting only inside.

Once they are at a certain level, then we go hard. I call it "working", you can tell controlled, experienced boxers and novices. You can go as hard as you want, but if you know what you are doing, it rarely ends in KO's.

People who don't have experience usually go crazy in the ring and turn it into a street brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
              or matt hatton, jose cotto, and lopez...wait...
              Hey, like it has been said, if you want to fight the man who will get you the money, you have to go to his weight, right?

Comment

Nobody should be going full power 7-10 days out from a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  he beat a 140 pounder to a pulp, wow what a surprise lol
                  The same 140 pounder that ended Ortiz career......and ranked 12 in the world at ww.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    Nobody should be going full power 7-10 days out from a fight.
                    I agree but there are different schools of thought. There's also a debate among trainers as to how often you should spar and how long the training camp should go on for.

Old school camps went on for 8 weeks, I have been in 4 week training camps. Guys like Chavez Sr sparred like 4 times per week, which I think is crazy.

Recently, Martinez trainer said that they only spar Martinez about once a week if that. That's also because he's 37 years old.

That's another thing people don't understand, the amount of punches to the head you take in a career. When you take in the amateurs, pro's and then all the thousands of rounds of sparring you will do, you take a lot of damage.

Comment

Hey, like it has been said, if you want to fight the man who will get you the money, you have to go to his weight, right?
                      Cant argue with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X