Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting to think this fight is going to hit 2 Million PPV buys (ESPN Coverage)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto-Mayweather did 1.5 million buys. Why anyone thinks this fight, which is a lot bigger amd has a lot more hype/coverage, will do leas.

Its just not logic based.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
      During the Alabama vs Texas A&M football game this weekend, which is a huge event itself, not only should CBS/Showtime show a bunch of commercials they should do some live segments with the Showtime crew in Vegas.
      Ya that is by far the biggest game of the weekend. Last year ALabama vs Georgia did 16m viewers. This has Johnny football in it. The same game last year did 10m when he was still relatively unknown. It's probably going to get upwards of 15m viewers..

I know they are doing commercials. Are you saying they should do live segments, or are they doing live segments? That would be sick.
      Last edited by Da Machine; 09-10-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
        Cotto-Mayweather did 1.5 million buys. Why anyone thinks this fight, which is a lot bigger amd has a lot more hype/coverage, will do leas.

Canelo has more Mexican fans in American then Cotto has fans in America.

Comment

Originally posted by #YOLO View Post
          This is not getting 2m buys in the stream era..
          Streaming was going on back when Floyd and Oscar fought also. I think if this fight was on HBO and HBO had a CBS type backer, it would easily hit 2 million, but on Showtime, who knows. I think that is the biggest detourant; not the streaming. I think most will pay...with the pacboys and teenagers opting for the stream.

Streaming sucks though if you're really into the fight. Only bad ppv's are worth a stream, imo...and this obviously doesn't qualify as that...especially with the Garcia vs. Matthysse fight on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
            Guys, forgive this Matthysse bandwagon clown/Margarito fan. Nobody respects his opinion. Look at what he just said, lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Guys, forgive this Matthysse bandwagon clown/Margarito fan. Nobody respects his opinion. Look at what he just said, lmao.
              Lol, I hate Margarito.

Refute my statement. You can't, and you know it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci
                Quote:

Originally Posted by turkas

Thats my point. Canelo is a lot bigger than Cotto and his fight with Floyd did 1.5 million. Why people think this one will do less is beyond me.

I think at least it does 1.75 million but probably closer to 2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
                  Thats my point. Canelo is a lot bigger than Cotto and his fight with Floyd did 1.5 million. Why people think this one will do less is beyond me.

I totally misread your post. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by turkas

I totally misread your post. haha.
                    No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                      I can see 1.2-1.4 million buys nothing more. You guys over rate the casual fans Interest in boxing fights nowadays ontop of the high price with this economy. It will sell because of Maywesther and the Mexicans with Canelo.

It'll do similar or close to the number with the Cotto fight. 2mil is Pac-Mayweather level. Not canelo.
                      I'm with you, it might get 1.4... won't break 2 mil. When Oscar and Floyd fought, Oscar was the PPV King, with somewhere near 10 PPVs and Floyd was already well known at that point having headlined some PPVs of his own. As popular as Canelo is, no one in America knows of him, only boxing fans. I'm even inclined to say it'll get surprisingly low PPV buys.

Comment

Working...
                      X