Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Mayweather vs. Prime Cotto: who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Oh no doubt, he's never been the same mentally since Margarito, physically since Pacquiao. If Floyd had fought Cotto's WW resume when Cotto fought them, would he still be undefeated? Quintana, Urkal, Judah, Mosley, Gomez, Margarito, Jennings, Clottey, and Pacquiao. From December 2006 to November 2009.

Nope, Floyd would have 3 L's on his record if he fought Pac, Margarito, and Mosley when Cotto fought them.

Which is exactly why he retired in 2007 and 2008, the welterweight divison was stacked.
    Last edited by UTEP; 09-09-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

at 140 mayweather destroys cotto gatti style. Still would have loved to have seen it at the time though, cotto was hot stuff at the time before he lost to tony. Also cotto was chinny at 140 so i cant see him reaching the 12th

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
        Nope, Floyd would have 3 L's on his record if he fought Pac, Margarito, and Mosley when Cotto fought them.

Which is exactly why he retired in 2007 and 2008, the welterweight divison was stacked.
        Pac, Mosley and Margarito all lose to Mayweather man. Get fuccin real.

Comment

Originally posted by 123tyson123 View Post
          at 140 mayweather destroys cotto gatti style. Still would have loved to have seen it at the time though, cotto was hot stuff at the time before he lost to tony. Also cotto was chinny at 140 so i cant see him reaching the 12th
          Yeah no way in hell at 140 does Cotto see round 12. He got buzzed by Paulie at 140.

Comment

Why does everyone keep bringing up 140? It says Prime Cotto. He was not prime at 140 when he was killing himself to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
              Pac, Mosley and Margarito all lose to Mayweather man. Get fuccin real.

Right, would of, could of, should of,...............too bad he "retired" instead of actually doing it though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                Only thing Prime Mayweather can learn from Clottey is how to lose.
                Clottey did everything better than what you called "prime cotto". So what would a prime Mayweather do?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
                  Yeah no way in hell at 140 does Cotto see round 12. He got buzzed by Paulie at 140.
                  exactly i think a 147 cotto would give floyd a tought night but i still think his best chance was the fight he got at 154. IMO Cottos a beast at 154 and floyd not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Owl PayMen View Post
                    Clottey did everything better than what you called "prime cotto". So what would a prime Mayweather do?
                    Cotto wasn't prime after he got dirty wraps beating from Margarito. On that note, Clottey had better defense then Cotto. Didn't have the power, speed, footwork, or desire to win that Cotto did, which is why he gave away the late rounds of a fight he was clearly winning.

Comment

Originally posted by 123tyson123 View Post
                      exactly i think a 147 cotto would give floyd a tought night but i still think his best chance was the fight he got at 154. IMO Cottos a beast at 154 and floyd not so much.
                      How is Cotto a beast at 154? He's very average at that weight plus he's well past his prime

Comment

Working...
                      X