Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho Beristain: I Told Rafael Marquez, He Must Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and they were thinking about going after Leo Sta Cruz...that woulda been suicide

Rafa looked shot to **** against a guy with a 10 inch reach...he had a great run, time to hang them up

you KNOW he's done when he's not complaining after a loss

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      ...Marquez was so shot he couldn't get out of the way of anything. He would have made this guy look like what he actually is only a few years ago still....a fringe contender.

Sad.
      That guy isn't even a fringe contender. Esquivias was almost stopped at the tail-end of the seventh by the burnt-out corpse of Rafa Marquez. Old champions never fade away gracefully.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        and they were thinking about going after Leo Sta Cruz...that woulda been suicide
        That's just nuts. Hope springs eternal and greed knows no bounds.

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        Rafa looked shot to **** against a guy with a 10 inch reach...he had a great run, time to hang them up

you KNOW he's done when he's not complaining after a loss
        Rafa's voice was cracking during the post-fight interview. He knew he lost to a guy that couldn't carry his spit bucket even a couple of years ago. The shot Marquez that lost to JuanMa would've iced poor Esquivias and his T-Rex arms.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          That's just nuts. Hope springs eternal and greed knows no bounds.

Rafa's voice was cracking during the post-fight interview. He knew he lost to a guy that couldn't carry his spit bucket even a couple of years ago. The shot Marquez that lost to JuanMa would've iced poor Esquivias and his T-Rex arms.

that dude didn't even have forearms...his gloves went all the way to his elbow...i like Rafa...that was just sad to see on Saturday

he got hit with everything...and his combos were slow as ****..i hope he listens to Nacho

Comment

Marquez has just been in too many wars. His reflexes and legs are gone as Nacho says.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              That guy isn't even a fringe contender. Esquivias was almost stopped at the tail-end of the seventh by the burnt-out corpse of Rafa Marquez. Old champions never fade away gracefully.
              Then that was the Eveready Bunny moonlighting as Esquivas. Call a fight as you see it, not what you expect should have happened. Marquez is 38, not 24. Esquivas walked through all Marquez had to give and gave back non-stop. Marquez got killed but this was a phenomenal performance from a supposed journeyman. Why are you idiots expecting a young Marquez and a **** Esquivas?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                Another new age fan. The boxing scene is littered with non-stop power punchers. Go take some medicine guy.

i've been reading books about boxing since i was 10 years old. that's 16 years. they held a vote for the "best poster of 2012" and i came in second. 200k people have accounts here. i'm not saying that's the be all end all, but that's the extent of my involvement in boxing that i'm willing to divulge here, and can be taken for what it is worth.

if you ask around on the forums you'll find me to be anything but "another new age fan." whatever that means.

go get a f#cking clue. that guy was several levels below world class, and well tested. his problem was that he lost to johnathan romero and rico ramos. do you even know who those mediocre fighters are? you just didn't know, and couldn't tell by wtaching him.

he beat on rafael marquez dead body. even in his prime marquez was easy to hit.

carry on, though. i no longer sweat people on bscene being idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                  Then that was the Eveready Bunny moonlighting as Esquivas. Call a fight as you see it, not what you expect should have happened. Marquez is 38, not 24. Esquivas walked through all Marquez had to give and gave back non-stop. Marquez got killed but this was a phenomenal performance from a supposed journeyman. Why are you idiots expecting a young Marquez and a **** Esquivas?
                  Woah! "Idiot"? You're hurting my feelings.

Esquivias was saved from the ghost of Marquez by the bell at the end of the seventh. Or did you miss that? The ref stepped in and waved Rafa off. Marquez thought the fight was over and raised his arms. If there were a few more seconds left in that round, the fight might've had a different outcome. That's how close that poor kid came to being TKOed by the shell of a former champion.

You're right about one thing, though: Marquez's age.

Comment

Watching that fight on Saturday was brutally depressing. It always is.

Comment

He should, what he did with Vazquez was special but it cost the both of them their health.

Comment

Working...
                      X