Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow Floyd fans,stop trying to justify the catchweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Ironic that you keep calling people that but you display all the traits of one.

Explain again how Oscar De La Hoya wasn't a star
    The fact that he done 1.2 Million buys with PACQUIAO. (Mayweather done as much with Guerrero) as compared to 2.4 the previous year...

The fact he was more than shot fighting at a weight he hadnt fought in since 2001...

Everyone who knew boxing, knew he'd lose, he retired on his stool... and was gassed by the 4th round.

Comment

I agree 1000%...I'm on record saying the CW is weak. Doesn't matter if it doesn't affect Nelo at all...it's weak!

Comment

handlers of smaller fighters have been asking for catchweights for a long time. i don't have a huge issue with floyd asking for one with alvarez. yes, it would be more impressive to take the fight at 154, but i'm not going to blow up two lbs into something it isn't. i don't expect it to be a big issue. if he shows up with no chin and looking like a zombie i'll be genuinely surprised.

what i don't like is the anti catchweight rhetoric that he's used against pacquiao in the past. that really doesn't make a ton of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by andyreww View Post
          it actually rehydrates you...

Hence increasing your performance...

Jesus christ.

P.s how much % of muscle is water.

Are you really that stupid?
          :l :l :l :l :l :l

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
            The fact that he done 1.2 Million buys with PACQUIAO. (Mayweather done as much with Guerrero) as compared to 2.4 the previous year...

The fact he was more than shot fighting at a weight he hadnt fought in since 2001...

Everyone who knew boxing, knew he'd lose, he retired on his stool... and was gassed by the 4th round.

oscar was a 3-4 to 1 favorite in the pacquiao fight. nobody expected him to lose to a guy so small. the cat wasn't out of the bag on pacquaio yet. this was a guy who had some struggles at 122-130. de la hoya was looked at as being too big.

Comment

Pacquiao didn't become a big star until after he beat Oscar. Most people thought it was an easy fight for De La Hoya because he was cherry picking a lightweight.

You either weren't watching back then or are doing a horrible job of trying to revise history.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                oscar was a 3-4 to 1 favorite in the pacquiao fight. nobody expected him to lose to a guy so small. the cat wasn't out of the bag on pacquaio yet. this was a guy who had some struggles at 122-130. de la hoya was looked at as being too big.
                Pacquiao was heavier on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Pacquiao didn't become a big star until after he beat Oscar. Most people thought it was an easy fight for De La Hoya because he was cherry picking a lightweight.

You either weren't watching back then or are doing a horrible job of trying to revise history.
                  Pacquiao wasn't a star after the morales and barrera fights?

Comment

Larry keepin it real. But that 1 other dude. Lol.

Comment

Pacquiao wasn't a star after the morales and barrera fights?
                      Relative to Oscar? Absolutely not.

Pacquiao-De La Hoya was the 3rd highest grossing non-Heavyweight PPV event ever.

But yeah....Oscar wasn't a star

Comment

Working...
                      X