No announcement yet.

Burns has a steel plate fitted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns has a steel plate fitted

Damn this injury is going to take out at least 12-18 months of Burns' career, which at this stage is like a life time. I feel for him and it's difficult for him to come back, not knowing which fights will be available. I wish him all the best!

Terrible injury. As you say will keep him out for a long time. That's if he comes back at all! The doctor was astounded that he manged to fight for 30 minutes with that injury. Sometimes fighters are too brave for their own good!

Comment

that could be that.

Best of luck to Ricky.

Comment

So they'll probably strip him....or give him some kind of super title

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          So they'll probably strip him....or give him some kind of super title
          I think this is one time where the champion emeritus should come into play, have other guys fight for the title and be champion and when Burns is fit and ready, give him the first shot at the new "champion". I just think Burns will sadly waste away in 12-18 months, losing what's left of his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            I think this is one time where the champion emeritus should come into play, have other guys fight for the title and be champion and when Burns is fit and ready, give him the first shot at the new "champion". I just think Burns will sadly waste away in 12-18 months, losing what's left of his prime.
            I think the WBC is the only one that does the emeritus thing

Comment

Thats got to be pretty much a wrap for his career if he;s out for 18 months. A tune up, then it will be around 2 years since he last fought at that level.

Damn

Comment

Damn, thats going to be extremely difficult to come back from. He showed incredible heart last night. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Comment

The snotty-faced moron should try WWF. Maybe his fans will follow him there. He has no business in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                    The snotty-faced moron should try WWF. Maybe his fans will follow him there. He has no business in a boxing ring.
                    oh troll, you're trying too hard

Comment

Working...
                    X