No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edison Miranda Training Hard, Vows To Beat Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edison Miranda Training Hard, Vows To Beat Alvarez

On September 28th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada - two Colombian light heavyweight fighters will be on the ring in a tough fight when Edison "Pantera" Miranda 35-8-0 faces his countryman Eleider Alvarez 12-0 in the co-main event of the card where the WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson faces Tavoris Cloud.

Miranda is being trained by Herman Caicedo in Florida and for this fight, Miranda established his training camp in the Iron Mike Productions Gym in Deerfield Beach for more than 8 weeks to get in great physical condition. [Click Here To Read More]

Miranda talking a good game as usual. Eleider mid-late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Miranda talking a good game as usual. Eleider mid-late stoppage.
      Edison's a slug. He comes to fight, I'll give him that, but he's quite limited.

Comment

Mirandas biggest flaw is that he has zero ring-intelligence. He fights dumb and makes to manny mistakes because of it and getting knocked out because of that. He is strong and athletic, even his skills are decent but hes a dumb fighter and he has not the best chin. Im not saying hes a dumb person, dont get me wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I got Alvarez all the way with this one, he's been looking pretty sharp (although admittedly he ain't really been in 'gainst anyone yet) and Miranda's really not got much left and coming off a 12 month lay-off. Alvarez' speed will be too much I think and he will be hitting Miranda virtually at will.

Still, I'm looking forward to it, not least to see what Eliedar offers. I kinda see him as a Stevenson / Pascal type physical puncher with some reasonable skill. But this is the right sorta level fight for him right now I think. Apparently he's been talking 'bout Kovalev, but he really needs to earn his stripes before he starts even thinking like that.

Really looking forward to the main card too, although I can easily see that becoming a cautious kinda fight with both of them being a bit wary about opening up. That said, I have to favour Stevenson though, Cloud's just been looking too vulnerable and is coming off the BHop loss.

All in all a really good night, specially with Light Heavy in a real state of flux at the moment - just a shame Pascal - Bute got shoved back again. Also can't wait to see Kovalev back in the ring again. I know Bellew is next against the Stevenson - Cloud winner, but if Stevenson gets through both I would love to see a BHop - Stevenson matchup (Stevenson is tailor made for BHop, but will BHop still have enough left at 49 to deal with his physical strength and power?) for the lineal.

Comment

This dude still around?

Comment

Originally posted by kmas-ski View Post
              This dude still around?
              I second this post.

Comment

Originally posted by kmas-ski View Post
                This dude still around?
                I third this post...

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post