Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After years of message board posting, most posters DKSAB!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics and skills go hand in hand. Chris Arreola had very good tactics against Vitaly but his skills weren't up to par.

And the thing about TACTICS they are always easy to figure out in hindsight right? Like who would've thought that Canelo's TACTICS to outbox Cloud from the outside would actually work and now people again think that Canelo's shot at Mayweather is to rough him up on the inside and that's the best TACTIC? Canelo's skills are far better than that than to fall for this trap. Floyd might be in a surprise when Canelo decided to box him early like Zab did.

Comment

University of Hard Knocks. Detroit, Galaxy('86-'99) ........... Rockin'

Comment

While I agree with most of what your saying, boxing is a subjective sport. With more guidelines than rules. Thus leaving the door open for controversy and we as fans never get closure.
        With that being said your interpretation of how a round should be scored is no more valid than the next guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
          Tactics and skills go hand in hand. Chris Arreola had very good tactics against Vitaly but his skills weren't up to par.

And the thing about TACTICS they are always easy to figure out in hindsight right? Like who would've thought that Canelo's TACTICS to outbox Cloud from the outside would actually work and now people again think that Canelo's shot at Mayweather is to rough him up on the inside and that's the best TACTIC? Canelo's skills are far better than that than to fall for this trap. Floyd might be in a surprise when Canelo decided to box him early like Zab did.
          Tactics and skills go hand and hand but they are not the same thing was my point. I get what you are saying, though. As far as the Judah fight, Mayweather was in for a shock when he had trouble boxing the faster, harder punching, shorter Judah from the outside. What Roger told him to do and what he began to do was switch tactics. He and his corner knew it would be harder to box Judah so they walked him down and roughed him up, they made him work...boxing from the outside was right up Judah's alley and pace of fight.

As far as Canelo I was surprised, but the thing about adapting and changing tactics is doing it effectively and staying ahead of your opponent, which I dont think he will be able to do against Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            1) can you please tell me how you call yourself a boxing fan and dont know the difference between technique and tactics?

2) Most people dont know how to score a round. I think Max Kellerman said it best, the easiest way to score a round is to ask yourself who would you have rather been in the round or the fight. Rounds are won on ring generalship, defense, and clean punching. You dont give a close round to the fighter that throws the most punches. landing and missing dont win rounds landing clean punches does. If a fighter lands cleaner shots and throws fewer punches at a higher percentage they win the round, simple.

3) A lot of the people on here dont even know what a lineal champion is...smh

4) what a fighter does outside the ring has nothing to do with his accomplishments...idc if a fighter is an all an ass hole, who cares as long as he can fight

5) watch the fights and please form your own opinion and stop copy cating what you heard someone say...its hell of obvious

to be continued.....
            Get outta here. You think the sport of boxing is about "hitting without getting hit".

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              1) can you please tell me how you call yourself a boxing fan and dont know the difference between technique and tactics?

2) Most people dont know how to score a round. I think Max Kellerman said it best, the easiest way to score a round is to ask yourself who would you have rather been in the round or the fight. Rounds are won on ring generalship, defense, and clean punching. You dont give a close round to the fighter that throws the most punches. landing and missing dont win rounds landing clean punches does. If a fighter lands cleaner shots and throws fewer punches at a higher percentage they win the round, simple.

3) A lot of the people on here dont even know what a lineal champion is...smh

4) what a fighter does outside the ring has nothing to do with his accomplishments...idc if a fighter is an all an ass hole, who cares as long as he can fight

5) watch the fights and please form your own opinion and stop copy cating what you heard someone say...its hell of obvious

to be continued.....
              LOL, trying to become an internet legend huh? This thread will be forgotten within 24 hours, nice effort though.

Comment

You cry a lot. If you don't like it here, take a hike and go fvk yourself. Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                  Get outta here. You think the sport of boxing is about "hitting without getting hit".
                  what, it's not? That's exactly what it's about.

This should be precious, what exactly is boxing about CatchweightKing?........... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    what, it's not? That's exactly what it's about.

This should be precious, what exactly is boxing about CatchweightKing?........... Rockin'
                    Boxing, like any other sport, is about winning. Its about imposing your will and style over that of your opponent.

Comment

OP is a CHUMP

Comment

Working...
                      X