Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the top 5 opponent studiers in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the top 5 opponent studiers in boxing today?

Here is my list

1. Floyd
    2.Rigondeaux
    3.Marquez
    4.Canelo
    5.Ward

What is your list?

opponent studiers ?

mayweather says he doesn't look at film. are you talking about on the fly adjustments? part of that goes beyond simply studying. you've got to be able to make the actual adjustment.

i'd say that the best at breaking down an opponent on paper before a fight are trainers. the best at implimenting it are obviously the best of the best boxers and technicians.

hopkins, wladimir, rigondeaux, marquez, ward, and of course mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      opponent studiers ?

mayweather says he doesn't look at film. are you talking about on the fly adjustments? part of that goes beyond simply studying. you've got to be able to make the actual adjustment.

i'd say that the best at breaking down an opponent on paper before a fight are trainers. the best at implimenting it are obviously the best of the best boxers and technicians.

hopkins, wladimir, rigondeaux, marquez, ward, and of course mayweather.
      i meant it as in, who is the best at learning the tendencies of their opponent and getting their rhythms down during the fight, mostly during the beginning feel out rounds

Comment

Originally posted by CokeCider View Post
        i meant it as in, who is the best at learning the tendencies of their opponent and getting their rhythms down during the fight, mostly during the beginning feel out rounds
        Floyd becomes more dominant as fights progress so he's my pick. The rest just plain old dont let you get into a rhythm (as does Floyd).

I thought we were going to talk about trainers. >__>...

Comment

How does ts make this tread in particular with no mention of B-Hop??

Comment

Hopkins, Marquez, Ward, Mayweather and Rigo

Comment

floyd doesn't watch tape of his opponents. he watches dvd! it's all about semantics.

Comment

1.Money
                2.Hopkins
                3.Ward
                4.Alexander
                5.Bradley
                6.Marquez
                7.Rigondeux
                8.Broner

Guys like Money think in the ring he studies their movements in the ring, same with Hopkins and Rigondeux. I rememeber Lampley once saying "You can see Marquez think his way through a fight" so I gotta give him respect for that not alot of Mexicans actually go in trying to think in a fight they just love to throw punches till one falls down. Alexander is a different type of beast he can adapt to almost anything you throw at him same for Bradley. They're winners they will do anything and everything to win. Broner is one of the youngest most intelligent boxers. He can study and beat you at your own game. You wanna box? he'll out box you, you wanna fight? he'll out fight you. you wana trade? he'll out trade you. He thinks himself through fights like the best of them.

Comment

Isaac Chilemba is worth a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by MAKING_MONEY View Post
                    1.Money
                    2.Hopkins
                    3.Ward
                    4.Alexander
                    5.Bradley
                    6.Marquez
                    7.Rigondeux
                    8.Broner

Guys like Money think in the ring he studies their movements in the ring, same with Hopkins and Rigondeux. I rememeber Lampley once saying "You can see Marquez think his way through a fight" so I gotta give him respect for that not alot of Mexicans actually go in trying to think in a fight they just love to throw punches till one falls down. Alexander is a different type of beast he can adapt to almost anything you throw at him same for Bradley. They're winners they will do anything and everything to win. Broner is one of the youngest most intelligent boxers. He can study and beat you at your own game. You wanna box? he'll out box you, you wanna fight? he'll out fight you. you wana trade? he'll out trade you. He thinks himself through fights like the best of them.
                    Bradley my dude but he fought stupid as **** in his last fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X