No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Mayweather Pounds Away on Catch Weight Claims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    I cant believe this "debate" is still going on. Floyd wanted the catchweight. If he didnt care or wanted the fight at 154, it would be 154. Simple
    I doubt Floyd would've fought Canelo @154. I like Floyd he's my boy, but he ain't dumb. There is a difference with weight. I also disagree to those who think catchweights are for loser who want to have the advantage.

Catchweight's been going on for decades. I like it because if we never had catchweight we would have never seen great matches over the history of boxing. No one is getting any advantage. Both sides are mutually agreeing to something so it should be fair.

The only time you would see a fight being unfair is when one boxer jumps in a weight he hasn't fought before or is drained in a weight he hasn't been in a long while, or if when someone don't honor the agreed speculation, ESPECIALLY in a high profile match-up. So don't be b!tching about catchweight because that's as fair as it'll get.

Comment

Originally posted by PennyAnd1 View Post
      I doubt Floyd would've fought Canelo @154. I like Floyd he's my boy, but he ain't dumb. There is a difference with weight. I also disagree to those who think catchweights are for loser who want to have the advantage.

Catchweight's been going on for decades. I like it because if we never had catchweight we would have never seen great matches over the history of boxing. No one is getting any advantage. Both sides are mutually agreeing to something so it should be fair.

The only time you would see a fight being unfair is when one boxer jumps in a weight he hasn't fought before or is drained in a weight he hasn't been in a long while, or if when someone don't honor the agreed speculation, ESPECIALLY in a high profile match-up. So don't be b!tching about catchweight because that's as fair as it'll get.
      Yeah true, but it's Floyd and his stans b1tching about CWs for years, then turn on a dime.

Also, champs asking to defend/unify at a CW is not common at all. There's like a couple of precedents, all really bad ones. If you're big enough to carry the belt, you should be able to defend at the full limit. Guys moving up is a different story, tons of precedents.

Comment

What Mayweather should've suggested was a rehydration clause because Canelo will be 170lb+ fight night.

Canelo will make that 152lb limit without any problems. Sauna/steam with a young guy like Canelo will be easy work, losing 15lb+ Water weight is nothing. Team Mayweather, Ya'll fuxxed up.

Comment

I just think it's funny that the same floyd fans who were using catchweights as a means of diminishing manny's achievements, even going as far as claiming cotto was undefeated before mayweather etc are now saying it's cool for floyd to fight at a catchweight ... well I just want to know if canelo loses will he still be 'undefeated'?

Comment

If Canelo can beat Floyd even with a CW, then we will know Floyd was so overated all this time.

Imagaine how easy Canelo would have beat Floyd without the CW?

Comment

The only time you would see a fight being unfair is when one boxer jumps in a weight he hasn't fought before or is drained in a weight he hasn't been in a long while
              Both of these happened in the same damn fight. The former with Pacquiao and the latter with De La Hoya. Pac was a huge underdog going into that fight. Then Pac goes to brutalize Oscar and then the Flomos decide to dabble in historical revisionism stating that it was a catchweight fight where Pacquiao had all the stipulations.

Comment

Catchweights are there for an advantage, otherwise the fight would be at full weight, its that simple.

How can you say floyd "would have" fought him at 154 when he isnt. This isnt a fantasy scenerio

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  If Canelo can beat Floyd even with a CW, then we will know Floyd was so overated all this time.Imagaine how easy Canelo would have beat Floyd without the CW?
                  you sound as stupid as your avatar name.overrated?this the greatest skilled fighter of this era.

Comment

I'm tired of Canelo's team complaining about the CW, oh wait they haven't and they can't cause they'll look like complete fools.

Comment

no it comes down to this manny fans are so emotionally brutalized that mayweather is still winning and manny is still sleeping thats all there is to it and it just fuels the hate even more end of thread. YOU MAD BRO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X