Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live: Cuba vs. Mexico World Series of Boxing (Cuban Team Makes Debut)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw it in the mean time I seriously hope every single one of these Cubans defects and maximizes his potential in pursuing his own dream.

Comment

• todays fights are way better.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        So what the hell happened tonight? No broadcast? Anyone know the results?
        There were some "technical difficulties" with the streaming; so the streams weren't shown. It's being said that the Cuban team defeated the Mexican team 4 matches to 1 tonight. Overall, the Cubans defeated the Mexicans The only person that lost his match that was the last minute replacement for Roniel Iglesias. Reading about it on Twitter through Salvador Rodriguez's twitter page (i'm translating it through Google tho).

Erislandy Savon KNOCKED SOMEBODY OUT.
        Last edited by Art-illery; 08-31-2013, 12:06 AM. Reason: mistranslation

Comment

• para los cubanos..... en el boxeo profesional solo existe cupo para los mexicanos y los afro americanos. graciad por su interes en el deporte.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• They posted the full match, im actually surprised even the tomato cans of the Cuban team dont have chin problems as i thought they would its more of a running out of gas problem for them.

Savon got mad that dude knocked him down in the first round and started throwing foreal lol.

I hope the Mexican team didn't pay much for that guy from Morocco matter of fact even if he was free they got robbed. Dude wouldn't throw, the Cuban super HW had his hands on his side was slow as fk after the 2nd round because he was gassing and nothing was he planning to wear his hands down with his face?.

Last Cuban guy would make Mayweather jealous with the way he was slipping punches looked like he had no spine looked like he was trying to copy Ali in the movement.

Moral of this fights is both teams could learn from each other, Mexicans need quite a few footwork lessons and Cubans need to learn to put the hurt on people not just coast comfortably just because they can.
            Last edited by DannYankee; 08-31-2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post

They posted the full match, im actually surprised even the tomato cans of the Cuban team dont have chin problems as i thought they would its more of a running out of gas problem for them.

Savon got mad that dude knocked him down in the first round and started throwing foreal lol.

I hope the Mexican team didn't pay much for that guy from Morocco matter of fact even if he was free they got robbed. Dude wouldn't throw, the Cuban super HW had his hands on his side was slow as fk after the 2nd round because he was gassing and nothing was he planning to wear his hands down with his face?.

Last Cuban guy would make Mayweather jealous with the way he was slipping punches looked like he had no spine looked like he was trying to copy Ali in the movement.

Moral of this fights is both teams could learn from each other, Mexicans need quite a few footwork lessons and Cubans need to learn to put the hurt on people not just coast comfortably just because they can.
              Good ****. I'll watch it later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art-illery View Post
                Erislandy Savon KNOCKED SOMEBODY OUT.
                He also got kd'd hard!

In general i thought he looked poor considering the talent i believe he has. I suppose it could take a while to get used to no headgear n stuff

Comment

• Julio Cesar la Cruz didn't look that good as he did in the Olympics. He was getting tagged way too much. Too much running and he wasn't setting up any shots.

Savon looked alright at best. Maybe he is adjusting to this no headgear thing. At times he was very sloppy.

Onate looked ok, someone I'll keep an eye on.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    They posted the full match, im actually surprised even the tomato cans of the Cuban team dont have chin problems as i thought they would its more of a running out of gas problem for them.
                    Mexico City has a very high elevation. I don't know how long the Cubans had to train on site, but it takes several weeks to adequately adapt to that atmosphere. Some of the Cuban fighters seemed to have handled the change well, others not.

The welterweight replacement for Iglesias gassed by the second round. The Cuban lightweight was in terrific shape and handled his business. He looked pretty good.

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post

Savon didn't impress me as much as I had hoped. He looked wild and out of shape. He was saved by the bell in the first. If the round had continued, he might've been stopped. Luckily for the Cuban, he has serious power and was able to stop his opponent in the following round.

The Cuban SHW was in good condition for a fat guy, but he was in versus a weak opponent.

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post

The Cuban light heavy, La Cruz, was the best of the night. He must've watched tons of film on the young Ali. (I don't know how, but he must've.) He's got tremendous physical talent: fast, sharp and slick. I just wish he threw more punches along with all that movement. In all, I'd say he was my favorite, behind Toledo, as the most impressive Cuban so far in the WSB.

Looking forward to the next series! Hopefully there won't be any more "technical difficulties." I really enjoyed discussing the fights as they aired.

Comment

• so weird watching these cubans without headgear will watch the whole vid later but i definitely liked what i saw

Comment

Working...
                      X