No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoandris Salinas, Luis Ortiz Ink Golden Boy Contracts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoandris Salinas, Luis Ortiz Ink Golden Boy Contracts

LOS ANGELES - Unbeaten as a professional, former Cuban amateur great Yoandris "El Nino" Salinas will get the opportunity of a lifetime on Saturday, September 28 when he travels to Manchester, England to face Scott Quigg for the vacant WBA Super Bantamweight World Championship, his first fight under the co-promotional banner of Golden Boy Promotions and Dream Team Promotions.

"We're excited to have Yoandris as part of the Golden Boy Promotions roster and to be working with Dream Team Promotions in taking him to a world title and then to the biggest fights that can be made for him at 122 pounds," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "His amateur record speaks for itself, and he's been building up an impressive resume as a professional as well, so there's no question that he's ready for the best in the world."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Salinas still young, Ortiz not so much...

Comment

I like Ortiz, really a TV friendly HW.

Comment

Nice to see ortiz get a chance with a big time promoter. He's 34 so he needs to make his move now... Heard the winner of chagaev/pudar will fight ortiz for the WBA interim title once povetkin fights wlad & the spot is available...

Comment

Good news, as far as I'm concerned. I wish Yoandris and Luis lots of success.

Comment

Monday Night Fights guys

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              Monday Night Fights guys
              I was just going to put this.

Comment

Working...
              X