No announcement yet.

Kessler: I peaked too early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    YOu think what you want and ill know it was a padded record.

What was his record outside of Denmark? Something like 2-3 so yeah its a padded record.

Worse "top fighter" IMO
    Just give me 5 fighters he should have fought and I'll let you off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by InSaiyan View Post
      Kessler always has an excuse when he loses. Shame as he seems likeable most of the time
      There's a difference between an excuse and a reason.

If he'd said something like "I would have won the fight if I had done this and that", then that would have been an excuse.

He basically said fair play to Carl Froch. He's not making excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        There's a difference between an excuse and a reason.

If he'd said something like "I would have won the fight if I had done this and that", then that would have been an excuse.

He basically said fair play to Carl Froch. He's not making excuses.
        Sounded like a training camp excuse to me. then the whole double vision stuff, and the "big fight atmosphere" against calzaghe. just take a loss and be done with it, youre still making millions in Denmark regardless

Comment

Such a padded record omg! Only beat 5 world champions! Damn, this guy just had it easy. I mean ok, anybody can beat 5 world champions, three #1 rated guys and further six #10s.

The padded record here is unquestionable.
          I only count 3 titleholders he beat (guys who held titles when he beat them):
          Manny Siaca (WBA), Markus Bayer (WBC), Carl Froch (WBC)

I only count full titles no WBA interim, regular, nacho, etc.

Who do you think are his top 5 wins?

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
            I only count 3 titleholders he beat (guys who held titles when he beat them):
            Manny Siaca (WBA), Markus Bayer (WBC), Carl Froch (WBC)

I only count full titles no WBA interim, regular, nacho, etc.

Who do you think are his top 5 wins?
            Siaca, Beyer, Froch, Green and Magee. And then a vacant vs anothe top ten in Sartison. But with all the belts these days, it is hard to keep track of.

Top 5 wins?

Froch is number one for sure. Siaca, Mundine (was rated #3 below Kessler and Calzaghe), Beyer, and then it's a pick 'em really between Sartison and Andrade who were both top rated.

Probably Andrade.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 08-28-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Always take what a fighter says after a fight with a pinch of salt. Fighters have to believe that whatever the reason they lost, that it was a reason that they can remedy in future. That is why it is almost always a story about the camp not going perfect for some reason.

Comment

Kessler has stamina issues prevalent that he doesn't want to admit to. He isn't built to maintain his fast and strong approach over anything near 12 rounds.

Comment

Siaca, Beyer, Froch, Green and Magee. And then a vacant vs anothe top ten in Sartison. But with all the belts these days, it is hard to keep track of.

Top 5 wins?

Froch is number one for sure. Siaca, Mundine (was rated #3 below Kessler and Calzaghe), Beyer, and then it's a pick 'em really between Sartison and Andrade who were both top rated.

Probably Andrade.
                  Weren't his fights against Green and Magee for vacant belts? The Green fight was for the 'WBC Silver Light Heavyweight title' and the Magee fight for the 'Regular WBA title', I think Ward had the full WBA title at the time (I think he still does).

So then it's:
                  1. Froch (WBC) 2010
                  2. Siaca (WBA) 2004
                  3. Mundine 2005
                  4. Bayer (WBC) 2006
                  5. Andrade 2007

I guess from that we can say his best years were from 2004-2010.

Comment

Guy is a warrior and not afraid to fight anyone.

To be honest he was never going to win that fight, Froch was way too pumped up for it and the atmosphere was off the hook for him.

Always will respect Kessler for coming into others backyards to fight.

Shame that its European fighters who seem to know what a passport is for.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                      Weren't his fights against Green and Magee for vacant belts? The Green fight was for the 'WBC Silver Light Heavyweight title' and the Magee fight for the 'Regular WBA title', I think Ward had the full WBA title at the time (I think he still does).

So then it's:
                      1. Froch (WBC) 2010
                      2. Siaca (WBA) 2004
                      3. Mundine 2005
                      4. Bayer (WBC) 2006
                      5. Andrade 2007

I guess from that we can say his best years were from 2004-2010.
                      Green might have been, Magee wasn't.

Yeah something like that. And Mundine was ranked #3 at the time of the fight and Andrade #5.

I'd say it's a pretty decent top 5 for the era he had his prime in. He fought everybody and cleaned up before he fought Calzaghe. The main names he didn't fight were Lacy who was IBF champ, Manfredo Jr and Bute.

Comment

Working...
                      X