Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher? Mayweathe or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
    True Hopkins and jones weren't in prime, but they were both atg's and not has-beens at time of fights. May had no atg's on his record.
    Well he has JMM (with an asterisk) and possibly DLH. But these are not great wins for obvious reasons. They're just good wins. If you don't consider them ATG fighters then his only possible one was Pacquiao. Once you factor in Floyd being a 5 division champion and lineal in 3, he separates himself from Calzaghe by a large margin.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I think you must have confused Calzaghe with Sven Ottke.
      ha Sven is another category altogether, hes not even eurolevel. A cheating german national level. Though in his defence he did hold the real titles at SMW. Calzaghes was worthless at the time he won it, and took a long time to gain value.

Floyds titles have been full weight.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        also Floydit has to wait till two atgs had aged to fortysomethings and are only 50% of what they were, in order to equal Joe.

hmmmm.... so to equal Joe he still needs to edge out, say, 43 year old Kostya Tszyu and Mickey Ward (or any two legends around that age).
        If Floyd went up and beat Sergio Martinez, that would be kinda similar to what Calzaghe did with Hopkins.

He'd have to bum him in the middle of the ring too but who wouldn't want to do that to Sergio?!!?

Comment

I like you laced but not sure if serious with this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
            I like you laced but not sure if serious with this thread?
            What's there to be serious about? I'm just asking. I think Floyd ranks higher by a quite a margin, but Calzaghe is seriously underrated as well. Whilst Floyd definitely has some good wins on his resume, and some of these are underrated, Calzaghe has a few names that are ATGs.

But the reason behind it was mainly the '0' for both fighters. And remember that it is a lot harder to jump around 5 weightclasses if you are bigger, than if you are smaller.

Just wanted to hear what everybody had to say.

Comment

also Floydit has to wait till two atgs had aged to fortysomethings and are only 50% of what they were, in order to equal Joe.

hmmmm.... so to equal Joe he still needs to edge out, say, 43 year old Kostya Tszyu and Mickey Ward (or any two legends around that age).

hmmmm.... something not quite right about that logic, cant put my finger on it.... surely that would make his record worse?
              Don't be a sarcastic cox sucker. Tszyu has been inactive for nearly a decade. Ward was never even a top contender. Hopkins is still a great fighter today.

Comment

Originally posted by low_Bo View Post
                Don't be a sarcastic cox sucker. Tszyu has been inactive for nearly a decade. Ward was never even a top contender. Hopkins is still a great fighter today.
                Kostya sucker, u mean.

so, my choices were not appropriate. Which two faded fortysomethings would you choose to put Floyd on par with Joe?
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 08-28-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

so, my choices were not appropriate. Which two faded fortysomethings would you choose to put Floyd on par with Joe?
                  A faded PAC and faded Martinez.

Comment

what in hell is a calzaghe??

Comment

Both are "undefeated" in their weight classes yet both aren't top ten all time in the classes!!!! Funny how that "0" misrepresents them?

Two of the biggest cherrypickers ever and a following of "blind joes" thatcan't evaluate talent but threy can read (records)!

I don't care, they are who they are to their fans and thats fine!!

At 147 and 160 Sugar Ray Robinson KO's both of them! Ray may need sneakers to catch them but he would! Sugars right hand over Floyds "guard" hahaha would end that and the left hook would put Joe to sleep. A prime Jones beats Joe what could he do against THE greatest of ALL time!
                      At both 47 & 60! ...................lunch time, bye. Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X