Comments Thread For: Photo: Tim Bradley, Lucas Matthysse Trade Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas probably whipped Tim's ass in their sparring session

Comment

• Wow, two great warriors benefiting from each other.....I wonder where this sparring took place?I live close to Bradley's gym so how awesome would it be if I could perhaps see them spar live

Comment

• Bradley probably doing back shoulder rolls on the canvas all during the sparring session

Comment

• Interesting the way certain Matthysse fans perceive Bradley, Matthysse obviously thinks more of highly of Bradley otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to train with him! Pro fighters realize the importance of good sparring so I doubt he would spar with Bradley if he knew it'd be a cake walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
            Interesting the way certain Matthysse fans perceive Bradley, Matthysse obviously thinks more of highly of Bradley otherwise he wouldn't have agreed to train with him! Pro fighters realize the importance of good sparring so I doubt he would spar with Bradley if he knew it'd be a cake walk.
            Bradley has good speed and a good work rate. It'll help keep Matthysse on his toes

Comment

• Bradley has good speed and a good work rate. It'll help keep Matthysse on his toes
              I agree, Bradley's heart and determination also make him a challenge for anyone he steps into the ring against.

Comment

• Come on guys, both fighters have a fight scheduled. Matthysse in Sept. , Bradley in Oct. I seriously doubt they are taking big risks in sparring and possibly jeopardize their fights.

Matthysse, right now, is probably closer to his top form, since he fights in 2 weeks.

What I find interesting is the decision to spar each other at this particular time.

Bradley is much lighter on his feet and has faster hands than Garcia, but has less pop.

In my opinion Matthysse is working on cutting off the ring and on ring generalship. If he can set the pace of the fight, and force Danny to exchange for long periods, his power can make the difference.

As for Bradley...

Matthysse is not a counter puncher, fights nothing alike JMM.
                Maybe sparring a big puncher could be a way to check his punch resistance and regain confidence?. It would make sense, in spite of the W Bradley was almost literally out on his feet for most of the Provodnikov fight.

Comment

• Nice man. Not what I expected. Very cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    This guy actually thinks Bradley beat Pacquiao

Hey, he thinks Alexander beat Lucas too, so he might as well believe in Santa and flying unicorns.

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                      Bradley has good speed and a good work rate. It'll help keep Matthysse on his toes
                      A Bradley - Lucas sparring would be rather be a "semi contact" -- in order to assess some angles, speed, clinches, a.s.o.

Comment

Working...
                      X