No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mares or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
    It's easily donaire because he beat/fought more current, former and future world champs and he is a LEGIT 3 weight world champ whereas mares is only a two weight world champ because his campaign at 122 was laughable. Plus donaire has unified titles twice, once at bantamweight (WBC and WBO) and again at super bantamweight (WBO, IBF and Ring)...but of course I expect alot of ppl to heavily favor mares because "**** donaire"....
    you do know his first 8 fights where at 122? use boxrec and you'll see that.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Donaire beats the guy who beats the guy of the divisions he fought at.

Can't say the same for Mares.
      Mares pretty much cleaned out the bantamweight division when he won Showtime's tournament. The one guy he didn't get to was Anselmo Moreno but then he beat him later at 122 anyway.

Comment

Mares has Darchinyan, Agbeko, Morel, Moreno and Ponce.

Donaire has Darchinyan, Mthalane, Tyson Marquez, Sydorenko, Montiel, Narvaez, Vazquez Jr., Mathebula, Nishioka and Arce.

Hard to say. If we are talking win-only resume, I'd give the edge to Donaire. Agbeko and Moreno trump anything on his resume, but he has much more quality wins overall.

If we take losses into account, their resumes are about equal.

Comment

My vote goes for Mares. Taking on the following in that order is impressive; Darchinyan, Agbeko, Morel, Morena, and De Leon. And who does he follow up after De Leon, Jhonny Gonzaez.

I tip my hate off, for this guy. He has a pair of stones.

Comment

Excellent thread.

Tough call.

I think Donaire edges Mares by a little bit, esp. with his recent loss to Rigo. Rigo is a savage and Mares hasn't fought anyone like that before.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
              It's easily donaire because he beat/fought more current, former and future world champs and he is a LEGIT 3 weight world champ whereas mares is only a two weight world champ because his campaign at 122 was laughable. Plus donaire has unified titles twice, once at bantamweight (WBC and WBO) and again at super bantamweight (WBO, IBF and Ring)...but of course I expect alot of ppl to heavily favor mares because "**** donaire"....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I would hope that people just vote based on the facts as they see them and not on who they dislike more.
                haha you know it always turns into who they dislike or like more. most of these guys aren't able to not be bias.

Comment

Mares. Sure Nonito beat their shared fighters more convincingly. However Mares did win the showtime tourney and beat Anselmo, (favored to lose I will add). He also went to 126 before Donaire and ko'd a top fighter there while Donaire was hesitant to go there himself.

Comment

Donaire definitely has the better resume and this is coming from someone that doesn't even like Donaire and loves Mares.

Donaire:
                    1. Darchinyan
                    2. Mthalane
                    3. Marquez
                    4. Sidorenko
                    5. Montiel
                    6. Narvaez
                    7. Mathebula
                    8. Nishioka
                    9. Arce

You can add Maldonado, Martinez, Concepcion, Vargas, and Vazquez Jr. as secondary good wins.

Mares:
                    1. Perez
                    2. Darchinyan
                    3. Agbeko
                    4. Morel
                    5. Moreno
                    6. PDL

It speaks for itself really.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                      Donaire has

- Darchinyan who was top 12 P4p during the time he Ko him.
                      - Montiel who was top 8 P4p.
                      - then Bunch of Undefeated & former champs on his resume!

Mares best win was PDL? hahaha
                      -He lost to Darchinyan! Got a gift!
                      If you think Montiel was a top P4P fighter when Doniare beat him you need to put down the pipe and seek serious help from a professional.

Comment

Working...
                      X