Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Carlos Palomino get into the Hall of Fame as a first ballot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Carlos Palomino get into the Hall of Fame as a first ballot?

He was voted first ballot, while Prince Naseem never made it first ballot he was rejected when his name was put up for voting. The only reason I can see for him getting into the HOF is because he was apart of a weaker class being up for consideration that year?

Palomino retired in 1979 after Duran and Benitez beat him, and than he made a comeback in 1997 after doing a couple B movies and acting jobs.

He kinda reminds me of Andre Ward because the majority of his bouts were at Olympic Auditorium, Los Angeles, California his hometown.

Wow was he really? Had no idea. How did Pipino Cuevas get in too?? Weird times back then.

Green K though, very odd.

Comment

It seems all you have to do is get a belt and have some big fights,, even if you lose them, your pretty much assured to be in the HOF,,

Gatti was 1st ballot as well,,,

Zab will probably be to in the future,,,,

The thing about the HOF is that they try and sell tickets each year to the ceremony so they always vote in guys who will sell tickets,,, right or wrong, thats the way it is

Comment

There are no rules or standerds for the HOF, I mean joe Cortez just got in

Comment

Prince Naseem didn't get in, I am thinking it depends on the voting that year, Palomino probably had a weak class so they voted him in first ballot.

Naseem if he gets a second try will be a second ballot HOF. If popularity was an issue than Prince would have been voted first ballot.

Comment

It will be a travesty if Hatton gets in before Prince

Comment

Working...
            X