Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Floyd take extra punishment from cotto to get him tired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Floyd take extra punishment from cotto to get him tired?

i mean Floyd was getting beat up in round 8 then cotto was gassed out after that , was that floyds plan, did he takes a couple of extra shots , or did cotto best him in that round?

Yes, he planned on getting a bloody nose and hit more than he has in years. This is why he fired Roger after and hired his dad to focus more on defense. Master plan.

Comment

Comment

No he did not. Mayweather is smart with a good defense but he can be hit and Cotto hit him. Trying to tire a fighter out by letting him hit you would be stupid. Tiring a fighter out by making him miss you with punches is what Mayweather tries to do and he is usually successful.

Comment

Oh yeah you know Floyd, always willing to take one to give one.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            No he did not. Mayweather is smart with a good defense but he can be hit and Cotto hit him. Trying to tire a fighter out by letting him hit you would be stupid. Tiring a fighter out by making him miss you with punches is what Mayweather tries to do and he is usually successful.
            Floyd said openly he will stand and not run , Roach and 90% of this forum said his legs are shot and Floyd was only saying it because of that , Guerrero proved his legs are great ,

Only conclusion is that Floyd did exactly as he said he was going to do against Cotto and got a blood nose that was twisted in here to being beat up LOL
            Last edited by Reloaded; 08-23-2013, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              It is stupid, but it's not like Ali didn't do it. The way he was throwing in that round made me believe that, he was throwing very soft punches to make cotto believe that he was fighting back, and floyd won from 9-12 because cotto was gassed.

Comment

No. I don't think Floyd had a very good training camp. He was extremely flat footed in that fight and I think that's why he gave Floyd Sr. the nod over Roger as the trainer afterwards.

Comment

gtfoh, floyd tried to fight on the front foot.... but that's not his game...

when sticks to fighting on the back foot he's far more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    No. I don't think Floyd had a very good training camp. He was extremely flat footed in that fight and I think that's why he gave Floyd Sr. the nod over Roger as the trainer afterwards.
                    He also had caught a cold and was thinking of pulling out , boxing with any form of Flu is real bad you cant breath properly .

Comment

Working...
                    X