No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder is the most dangerous hw boxer in the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder is the most dangerous hw boxer in the world

After hospitalizing a former wbo champion and highly rated fighter Sergei Liakhovich I am extremely impressed with the sheer power of Wilder. I haven't seen punching power like that since a prime Tyson. This guy is going to be a superstar once the Klits muster up the courage to challenge him although if Vitali retired before the fight happened I'd understand because at 43 he would want to keep his health intact. Deontay is scary like every time he hits a man he might put him to sleep scary. For the hw fans you've been begging for a hw star to carry the division well he's arrived now all that's left is for Wlad to fight him because without Wilder on his resume he can't be called a hw great no matter how long he holds a strap.

I think he has power, i'm starting to become impressed too.... but don't blame me if i'm not fully convinced. He's fighting guys in their late 30's and early 40's..... most of which are coming off long layoffs.
    If he gets in there with a young-ish buck who has some experience... then people will be more convinced. I'm still on the edge but have slowly moved towards him.
    Like I said before, Tor Hamer is free

Comment

People will say Liakovich was a shot commodity but it is still impressive that he beat this guy into seizure. Even if the guy was battleworn, that is scary power. Punchers like Wilder will always have detractors unless they knock off the top guys. The Klitschkos have such high KO percentages & have fought all comers. Wilder will have to raise his level of competition significantly and show his power translates as he steps up in class. I am excited about finally having an American heavy that is legit. I'm hoping he is that Tyson type fighter and will definitely be watching him as he goes on this run.

Comment

His power is real but that alone doesn't mean much. I still haven't seen anything from Wilder that would convince me he is GGG/Kovalev HW equivalent.

I know GGG and Kovalev can box.

Comment

If he can develop a head snapping jab, then I'll be sold on his potential to dominate the HW division. Until then I'm betting he'll be lost once someone figures out how to take away his right hand.

Comment

Comment

If you cant take his punch then he will beat you. Other than that, if you can land on him first then we will get to see if Wilder can take it as well as dish it out.

He is the real deal. Just because there are heavyweights out there who could beat him right now, don't make him not the real deal. Noone is claiming he is invincible.

Comment

Yes he needs the jab and he needs polish.

What he needs really is to be coached by Lennox Lewis or if he retires, Wladimir Klitschko!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post

What he needs really is to be coached by Lennox Lewis or if he retires, Wladimir Klitschko!
                  How about J. Banks...

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo1 View Post

Just because Lewis was and Klitschko is a great fighter it doesn't mean that they would be good trainers.

Just ask David Prive, he's the last guy Lewis took under his wing.

Comment

Working...
                    X